Metroid Virgin

I am a HUGE Metroid Fan.

I recommend them in this order.
Super Metroid (Snes)
Metroid Fusion (GBA)
Metroid (NES) / Metroid Zero Mission (GBA) (MZM is an expanded remake of the original)
Metroid Prime, 1-3 in order (GC/Wii)
Metroid 2: Return of Samus (GB)

Ashwii00 said:
Sorry for the strange title, I guess I needed a hook. Haha.

Anyway, I can't believe I am admitting this, but in my nearly 19 years of life and 16 years of gaming, I have not ONCE played a game from the Metroid series. Seeing as that I wish to go into the gaming industry/Nintendo company (that's what I'm in college for :yesnod: ), I really feel as though it is time to get UP TO DATE. So my question is, which Metroid game should I download for the best representationof the series? Or should I start from the first one and make my way up? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated, and most likely repped : D

I'd say download Super Metroid off VC and if u enjoy it, you should pick up Metroid Prime 1 cheap and if u enjoy that and get through it, carry on with that series. Remember Metroid Prime Hunters aswell if ya have a DS.

Ashwii00 said:
haha thanks, but I am no dude, I am a dudette! Gasp! Samus irony!

my bad! didn't pay attention to the sig and SN which obviously give away the fact that your a girl :sick: sry

Wiimoto said:
LOL metriod virgin.. I was pretty much one too 'till I got mp3, then I went back and tried some other metriod games. :smilewinkgrin:

thats exactly what i did! i really liked metroid prime since it has such an atmospheric feeling to it.

MP3 is the way to go and mp1 mp2 and mp3 are all such diffrent than the old ones. the old ones is like super mario bros but more high tech. The newer ones are first person shooters like halo :p i like halo slightly better but they are the exact same almost.

Hmm.. well the only Metroid games I've played are the (relatively) new ones:

Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Metroid Prime Hunters
Metroid Prime 3 <-- I haven't finished this one yet

And out of all of those, I have to say that the only way to get a perfect representation of the series is to play it from beginning to end, as this series evolves from each game to the next.

If you're looking for just one great Metroid game, however, here are quick summaries of each:

Metroid, Metroid 2, and Super Metroid are the classic, (sorta) genre defining Metroid games;
Metroid Zero Mission is a retelling of the original NES Metroid;
Metroid Fusion is the transition between old Metroid and new Metroid;
Metroid Prime is where the Metroid series takes a big leap foward and evolves into a 3D First-person Adventure, while still staying true to the feel of all the previous Metroid games;
Metroid Prime 2, in my opinion, branches off too much and feels less "Metroidy" then the first Prime. The enviroments all look the same, and while the graphics are top-notch, the gameplay lacks a bit. Don't get me wrong.. it's a great game, but it doesn't meet the high expectations set by Metroid Prime;
Metroid 3 (thankfully) goes back to the Prime roots and feels Metroidy again.

(I left out Metroid Prime Hunters, because really, when it comes down to it, MPH isn't a Metroid game.)

My favorite 2D Metroid games was Metroid Fusion, and my favorite 3D Metroid game was Metroid Prime. (But may be taken over by Metroid Prime 3)

Hopefully you'll be able to make a desision based on my summaries..
Happy gaming! ;o

Last edited:
what do u get after beating hypermode? or get 100 in expert? is it worth it? I have almost 100 in expert, that's it

Back