Microsoft says sorry with Undertow

T3kNi9e

Conquistador
Dec 1, 2007
Augusta, GA
Some of you may have known that a week or two ago Microsoft promised a free arcade game as an apology for Live's recent problems. They gave us "Undertow"

Recently, Xbox.com posted a letter from Marc Whitten, General Manager of Xbox LIVE, thanking subscribers for their patience with the service. We’ve implemented several improvements to the service, to help ensure ongoing reliability and performance. As the popularity of Xbox LIVE expands, we’ll continue to closely monitor the service and make adjustments. As always, if you are having any problems, please contact your local support (1-800-4-MYXBOX in North America) so that we can assist you.

Marc announced that all Xbox LIVE members (Gold and Silver) around the world would have access to a full Xbox LIVE Arcade game to download free of charge. We’re pleased to announce that beginning next Wednesday, 2:00 a.m. PST through Sunday, 11:59 p.m. PST, Xbox LIVE members worldwide can download the full version of the recent award-winning Xbox LIVE Arcade game, Undertow.

Developed by Chair Entertainment Group, Undertow is one of the highest-rated and best looking games available on Arcade. Undertow redefines aquatic based shooters through a mix of high-definition graphics, intuitive controls and multiple modes of game play action. The game features a full story driven-single player campaign, on and offline co-op, and multiplayer for 2-16 players over Xbox LIVE for Gold subscribers. Players battle for control of the oceans as one of three selectable races, each with four unique, upgradeable units. "Undertow" is available worldwide (normally 800 Microsoft Points) and is rated E10+.

Kind of sucks for anyone who already has the game. But for the people who dont have it, it should do. The good news is that I hear its actually a good game, so enjoy! Before to download it next Wednesday. Thats the 23rd of this month.

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2008/01/18/UndertowFreeofCharge.aspx

great news, i was wondering what we would get, was kinda hoping for points! this will do :lol: thanks for the info man

The game features a full story driven-single player campaign, on and offline co-op, and multiplayer for 2-16 players over Xbox LIVE for Gold subscribers.

Haha thats all I need. Good find!

played the demo, i didnt find it fun at all. this game didn't sell well at all either....

awesome......

Great mines in for RROD just got double ****ed-over by Microsoft

WiiZero said:
Great mines in for RROD just got double ****ed-over by Microsoft
oh the irony. lol make sure you call and ***** for this

edit: so it can only be downloaded on the 23rd?

I would have preferred them just to credit us with 800 microsoft points instead of picking what game they give us. Meh, I'll download it since it'll be free, but I don't think it's a game I'll like too much.

If I were MS and I was running a company I wouldnt give us 800 MS points either. They know that doing that will mess up their sales. So they gave us a game thats not selling well and only for 3 days.

I just dont like the fact that they are "apologizing" yet they still haven't fixed the problem.

If they gave everyone 800 ms points it would just make LIVE even more laggy. This way a ton of people will be playing it so it might become a pretty decent game

Supposed to be pretty decent with a 79/100 at metacritic. Most of the reviews were pretty good. Apparently its a shooter, it could be fun. Hell is free so i dont care. I would have been happy if they simply fixed Live :/ I want to play some CoD

Back