Midway Speeds Cruis'n Exclusively to Wii

Solard

WiiChat Member
Jan 13, 2007
June 27, 2007 - Veteran gamers and arcade aficionados will no doubt remember Midway's classic racing games, Cruis'n USA and Cruis'n the World. On Wednesday, the publisher revealed exclusively to IGN Wii that a new entry into the franchise is underway and it's being created specifically and only for Nintendo's next-generation console.

Unfortunately, details on the game, which is simply called Cruis'n, are slim. What we do know is that players will be able to pick from "an impressive lineup of cars" that they can speed through twelve different street circuits. The title will be controlled with the Wii remote, presumably held classic style to steer. Meanwhile, the vehicles can be fitted with upgraded turbos, body kits, neon displays and nitrous boosters, among other things.

Otherwise, Midway is keeping really quiet about the racer, which is due out this November -- again, exclusively for Wii.

The company also announced through IGN one more Wii title, Game Party, and three DS projects, including a handheld version of Mortal Kombat.

"The Wii and Nintendo DS require games that are innovative and take full advantage of a unique control scheme to offer a truly different type of gameplay experience," said Matt Booty, executive vice president - worldwide studios, Midway. "We are very excited to be bringing classic Midway franchises such as Mortal Kombat [DS] and Cruis'n along with powerful licensed content like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends to the massive installed base of Nintendo system owners."

"Nintendo is very excited to be working with Midway to have these great brands and new products come exclusively to Wii and Nintendo DS," said George Harrison, senior vice president, marketing and corporate communications, Nintendo of America Inc. "These new games paired with the unique controls of Wii and Nintendo DS will continue to expand videogames to new audiences."

No screens as of yet, but we do have the first official piece of concept art for the game. Look out for more in the coming months.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/800/800090p1.html

:p i was just wandering around ign and saw this and saw no one had posted it. :| :lol: thought a new racer would be cool though I've never played or heard of any of them (nor did i read the article :lol: ) hopefully someone finds it interesting.

Heh I remember I used to love play Cruis'n down at some bowling alley or where ever they had it.
Anyways, sounds sweet.

It's my favorite Arcade game ever. (well the arcade version)

So ya, I realy hope this turns out well. Depth of Carbon but with controlls and crazyness of Excite Truck plus an overall polished game and I'll buy this without even hearing reviews.

Back