Minority Report Interface with the Wiimote

Maybe, using this, you can actually hold a tennis racket or baseball bat while playing wii sports. That would be pretty kool.

iOwnage said:
Maybe, using this, you can actually hold a tennis racket or baseball bat while playing wii sports. That would be pretty kool.

Wii Sports doesn't use the IR pointer outside of menus. Just the accelerometer. Any useful application of this tech is going to be on PC.

Wait... hold on. I have an easier suggestion, although it's also less tech and more easy... It might not even work. Just put an IR LED on something like stretchy fabric, attach it to a small battery, and put your Wii remote on top of the LED.
BTW, I haven't done this. It's just a suggestion.

EDIT------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Put the WiiMote on the TV, not on the LED.

Last edited:
coldpwnage said:
Wait... hold on. I have an easier suggestion, although it's also less tech and more easy... Just put an IR LED on something like stretchy fabric, attach it to a small battery, and put your Wii remote on top of the LED.
BTW, I haven't done this. It's just a suggestion

I'm guessing you miswrote that. Putting your wiimote on top of an IR LED does nothing. Unless you're trying to keep the wind from blowing the LED away.

In order to have dual "touch" in that scenario, you either need to carry two batteries, one for each source, or stretch a wire between the two sources and you're still carrying the one battery pack. The solution in the video is both simpler to execute and simpler to use.

But if you want to try it anyway, use two tv remotes, press and hold the volume button.

Back