Modded Wii And Firmware Update

weedude

WiiChat Member
Jul 18, 2007
Bangkok, Thailand
Bought my wii pre-modded.
Is it straight-forward to run a firmware update on a modded wii?
Are there any detection mechanisms in place during the firmware update procedure affecting the wii's future operation?
Thanks

Actually I presume there are no problems updating the firmware on a modded wii - logically - if there were, it would have been threads on the issue

Ohhh FCUK!
Please can someone with a modded wii (must be a lot of you out there) confirm that a firmware/system update through the internet is not going to brick my console?
Thanks

nope it will not brick your console. what Cap' N Mew said is false and not true because if it was then there would be millions of bircked wiis.

weedude said:
Bought my wii pre-modded.
Is it straight-forward to run a firmware update on a modded wii?
Are there any detection mechanisms in place during the firmware update procedure affecting the wii's future operation?
Thanks

So far the Wii cannot detect modifications. However, there is still no telling how long it will take for Nintendo to come up with a solution similar to Microsofts.

MRCOOLGH said:
nope it will not brick your console. what Cap' N Mew said is false and not true because if it was then there would be millions of bircked wiis.

So you're suggesting there are millions of modified Wii's? I seriously doubt that.

Umm... if there are millions of wii's that belong to families people who own more than one. most of the people who own more than one are modders because there are millions of modders who mod video games consoles so yeah im kinda.......right because if there are millions of modders then they would be interested in the wii because its the most easiest console to mod.

MRCOOLGH said:

Bear in mind that only about 12 million Wii's have been sold worldwide. Take into account that only about 10 million of them are played on a regular basis. Now take into account that the that only 0.5% of DS owners have modded DS's.

I would not but the number of modded Wii's past 500,000 at most.

Back