The Wii firmware thread

iceblade

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2006
I was thinking to start a new thread for new Wii firmwares where we describe and comment on the new firmware updates for the wii. Today i received the new version 2.1. So what do you think Nintendo fixed now? Can't seem to find any changes in the menus but do tell me if you know!

Cheers!

I think this is the second or third. Just got the update today. Must be new since i checked two days ago and there was no update available. Version is 2.1E

iceblade said:
I think this is the second or third. Just got the update today. Must be new since i checked two days ago and there was no update available. Version is 2.1E

I tried to update and it says i have the latest... (Ver 2.0U).. i'm in the US

I have also been looking for some sort of firmware version history for the Wii, but without much luck.

I just did an update and now have v2.1e, and I'm in Australia.

I read something on a different forum that there was an update which disabled DNS redirection for the Wii Shop Channel to anything other than the official Shop Channel site, but there was no mention of which firmware version this was for.

Curiously though there was no blue light from Nintendo regarding the update I just did, so I guess it couldn't have been very major. It would still be interesting to find out what was tweaked.

Back