modding the wii!!!

unggoy

wii like wii
Jan 11, 2007
Orlando FL
is this possible yet so we can read other formats of games? I wish I could cause I just got some games from my cousins in Philippines that originally came from Japan

smuPoker said:
Buy a Japanese Wii!! Problem solved.

yea besides the fact that i already have a wii, and would be nice if I could play all games on just one system...

i doubt theres a way, sell em and use the money for games you can play.

ottoman said:
i doubt theres a way, sell em and use the money for games you can play.

yea but who would buy the games, unless i sold them to people in Japan.. lol...

unggoy said:
is this possible yet so we can read other formats of games? I wish I could cause I just got some games from my cousins in Philippines that originally came from Japan

http://www.wiikey.cn - the only modchip that supposedly allows you to play NTSC games from other regions (Japan)

Not out yet though.

I suggest waiting and avoid getting the Mod chip, that WILL void your warranty that you have with Nintendo (and if you've purchased a warranty from the retail store you bought it from.). It's already been confirmed that the people who've made Freeloader for the Gamecube are in the process of making one for the Wii.

Kamikaze said:
I suggest waiting and avoid getting the Mod chip, that WILL void your warranty that you have with Nintendo (and if you've purchased a warranty from the retail store you bought it from.). It's already been confirmed that the people who've made Freeloader for the Gamecube are in the process of making one for the Wii.

not really worried about the warrenty, if it breaks, sell broken one for parts, and buy a new one.. no worries :)

PotatoWedgie said:
You'd kind of expect so, considering its name is WiiKey. :p

sorri potatowedgie, I wasn't reallly paying any attention to the link.. I looked asked, then clicked should have done that the other way around lol :)

unggoy said:
not really worried about the warrenty, if it breaks, sell broken one for parts, and buy a new one.. no worries :)

You're not worried about the warranty, simply because you did not purchase the system. And I doubt anyone would want a broken Wii for parts at the current moment, and the highest you can probably sell it for is 60 dollars. Also, stop double posting, there's an edit button for a reason. LEARN how to use it.

Kamikaze said:
You're not worried about the warranty, simply because you did not purchase the system. And I doubt anyone would want a broken Wii for parts at the current moment, and the highest you can probably sell it for is 60 dollars. Also, stop double posting, there's an edit button for a reason. LEARN how to use it.

um what do you mean I didn't purchase it, I did, well I purchased a ps3 but exchanged it... i still spent money on it.

Kamikaze said:

I don't know how people could expect to install a mod chip and not void the warranty. Yes a Freeloader's coming out someday, but there's nothing stopping Nintendo from releasing a firmware update to disable it. The advantage of an upgradeable modchip is that it's pretty much guaranteed to work forever (just don't update until a new firmware's been released).

And if the manufacturer stops releasing firmware updates, it'll be picked up by the community.

Oh, and I paid full price for my Wii. Little solder ain't gonna hurt, and if it does...it's only money ;)

Back