Monster Hunter selling more than PKmon

GamerCon said:
Not saying PS consoles combined is selling more than Nintendo but it is going up in sales as other produces will be going down.
Ahh, so you're now predicting. Not in the realms of Factual evidence. Fair enough.

When the Wii starts to slow down to about 15-20k, it wont be cause no one wants one, it would be cause everyone has one.
And when do you predict that will be?

But when we look at PS2 compared to GC, yea we can SO do that, we see the PS2 is selling like it was new.
Considering PS2's failure rate to Gamecube, theoretically, a possible reason people buy more PS2's is because their old ones broke outside of warranty. It's not like it's a case of "everyone has one", it's a case of "I need one to replace my old one".

It also further proves that Sony made the PS2 damn near perfect.
Actually it proves the opposite. It also proves that there's a lot of hype about it, not that it's actually "perfect".

I wouldnt be surprised if in 2010 the PS2 is still pushing units in the double digits and Nintendo's Wii is selling 100 a week.
While more likely to do that then the PS3 doing that, I think the Wii will do well. Why? Because of a much broader target audience.

I expect the Wii sales to fall drasticly. After Mario, Brawl and Metroid, what else is there? Sounds a lot like the GC line up with, Mario, Melee, and Metroid.
Wait til E3 for that. There's always tonnes of games that will really excite us just around the corner. At least we don#t have to wait until 2008/2009 for the Wii's big hitters...

Back