Motion Controllers work with Old Games?

netmation

WiiChat Member
May 30, 2011
Sorry very new to the Wii.

Just received a handme down Wii with 2 of the old controllers. I was going to buy 2 more controllers so 4 could play the games, and I see there are the old style and newer Motion Controllers. If I get 2 of the Motion Controllers will they still work on the old games with the existing 2 controllers I have. I take it I would then be able to use the 2 Motion Controllers for newer games that support it, what ever Motion Controllers mean :), sorry very new to this? Is my understanding correct?

I also noticed on Amazon the older controllers for sale don't have the Wii logo on the bottom. Is there a 3rd party market for these controllers, I couldn't find any Wii Controllers in the old style since they seem to be so cheap, and may just go that route?

Thanks for any help.

The new controllers you must be reffering to must be the new ones that have the Wii Motion plus accesory incorporated... and of course they will work on any Wii game, and you will needone of those to play certain games like you said.

Also, of course there are third party Wii controllers, my recommendation... stick only to the official or Nintendo licensed ones (if there´s any).

Back