Movie playback problems

braedon04

WiiChat Member
Feb 29, 2008
Hello all, I've been watching movies on my wii using orb and for the most part it has been Great, but.. all of the movies I have watched so far will not play past the 71:43 minute mark and it is starting to get a little frustrating, is anyone else having this issue or maybe know why it is happening, thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

wait, whats orb? is it like a place you can watch movies on the internet from ur wii?

braedon04 said:
Hello all, I've been watching movies on my wii using orb and for the most part it has been Great, but.. all of the movies I have watched so far will not play past the 71:43 minute mark and it is starting to get a little frustrating, is anyone else having this issue or maybe know why it is happening, thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Orb converts your videos (whether .avi or actual DVDs) into flash files, as this is the only format the Wii can read. What is happening is that your Wii is running out off free memory as it stores the streaminig flash file. Unfortunately there is no way round this, unless you find a way to degrade the quality that Orb streams the videos at - thus making file size smaller.

Hope that helps

there's also an alternative.. which is

convert ur dvd's to files that wii photo channel can read

that's what i did using my program

tampa2012 said:
How do you do that exactly?
Google is your friend here! You will also need a SD card.

There is something called Video 9 or Wii 9 or something like that, which will convert to MPEG format.

Back