Wtf

Bliss said:
exactly...now a days u cant even touch ur kid our child abuse will be knockin at ur door, damn when i was younger my pops would make my ass cherry red with his belt...i agree if u dont set that fear, no respect will be shown.
LOL child abuse lol thats what would happen if i did that **** to my parents, i would get abused alright lol and if i even though about calling some one i would get some more lol. Child abuse is funny now they wonder why kids go shooting up schools, and being bullies, because they lack a proper ass whoopin when they was kids. If i got into a fight and i didnt fight back i would get my ass whooped when i got home, if i brought home bad grades i would get my ass whooped and then get put on punishment, if i lied or even looked like i had a problem with what my parents said i would get my ass whooped. Thats called discipline. now if i was to get beat accross the face or with bats and **** thats child abuse, or just beat for no reason thats child abuse. but every thing else is discipline.

ok!

Ok! dude there is no reason to get that freakin mad. i mean wtf f'in pissed there is no reason so f'in stop.

wat they are doing is pretty retarded, soooo!! just keep the words to your self i i sure as heck don't want to hear it. if i don't i garen t you not of lot of people do. see!! ya!!!:yikes:

maddendude said:
Ok! dude there is no reason to get that freakin mad. i mean wtf f'in pissed there is no reason so f'in stop.

wat they are doing is pretty retarded, soooo!! just keep the words to your self i i sure as heck don't want to hear it. if i don't i garen t you not of lot of people do. see!! ya!!!:yikes:
Yea i forced you to come in here and post on this thread, and its people like you that keep there mouths shut that give them room to do these things. Its also people like you that don't read the underline meaning to things. if they get away with this then its on to the next game they don't like, and then the next. so if you don't see that then im sorry you are so blinded. And yet again if you didnt care so much why did you waste so much time in your so important life to read my post and then take more time out your so important life to post in it. I wonder are you one of those kids we are talking about that needs there ass whooped? lol IF you don't like it pass it up i and others don't need your retarded posts.

maddendude said:

if u dont wanna hear it then why even read the thread and comment....its an issue that we are talkin about...just relax there buddy..and people like u who KEEP QUITE on matters should have no say in anything, cuz ur the ones not helpin the matter.

This whole thing is dumb in a sense.
I agree.
But the people that do these things are only covering their backs and looking out for themselves so problems don't arise.

They put out those harsh ratings for a reason, but kids are not dumb nowadays and can do wonders behind their parents backs. (Me for example :lol:)

So they can still get their hands on a game and play it, even though parents disregard the use and play of such things.
And the age we live in now, many can get copies of the games off friends etc. and are able to play those Mature titles.

Then we have problems, like shootings, killings etc. where parents and other folks blame all this violence on the games their kids play.
Lawsuits, protests etc. are thrown in the Developers/Companies direction.

Rather than have that happen, they look for the easy way out.
Editing out the "good stuff" as some would say.

It sucks, but until people realize a few things, we are going to have to deal with all that.

Parents Against Democracy more like it. or what little we have left of it since most of the fat cats in congress are getting all sorts of "bonuses".

There's nothing i hate more than parents who blame society for their failures. Now i guess that's just a blanket statment, but the fact that they need to blame PARENTS for the lack of control they have on children, not the GAMING Industry. Last time i checked, the Gaming Industry doesn't feed and put clothes on the backs of the children of America.

This is just stupid. It's like when they attacked the Music industry in the 80's.

The rating system is fine just the way it is. Vendors should start carding people then. Card everyone. I don't mind. It MIGHT help, and it might shut these people the hell up. But i want to still be able to play the games i want to play.

what they ask for is ridiculous.

You can buy AO games, can't you?

'Cause it'd be kind of silly to put a game out that you couldn't sell.

I think it just inconveniences people.
Wouldn't there be an online site of sort that'd sell these?

Pardon me, if I'm wrong.

And off topic: People these days are lazy. If they can't raise their kids, then somebody has to do it for them. It's pathetic, really. But I guess government-based raising is better than have a child know no rules at all.

Trulen said:
You can buy AO games, can't you?

'Cause it'd be kind of silly to put a game out that you couldn't sell.

I think it just inconveniences people.
Wouldn't there be an online site of sort that'd sell these?

Pardon me, if I'm wrong.

And off topic: People these days are lazy. If they can't raise their kids, then somebody has to do it for them. It's pathetic, really. But I guess government-based raising is better than have a child know no rules at all.
Well see here is the problem with that dispite what people will try to tell you. game companies can make AO games but the retailers won't stock them on their shelves ie Walmart, K mart,target, best buy, etc I did read an article about game stop considiring selling titles that have the AO rating. so if they cant sell the games its like a black ball when their game gets an AO rating and thus a loss of money because the lack of sells. As far as online goes im not sure.

yungblood6 said:
If im not mistaken its not the consoles licenses that is preventing AO games its the stores won't shelve or sell them period thats the problem.
Consider us both right. :)

All the current consoles will not license AO games nor will most retail outlets stock them. There is no laws preventing the creation and distribution of AO games for the open licensed Windows machines, hence why they exist for the PC. I cannot say the same for the Macintosh systems, while they do promote a somewhat open development environment I believe there is stipulations to there user/license agreement.

If Gamestop approved the sale of AO games, that would be AWESOME.

All it takes is like 10 seconds to ID someone. Seriously, not that hard. Of course people will get around it, but that's just life.

EDIT: they could treat the selling of AO games like Liquor (Atleast in my town). It wont be sold to you if a) You are not of Age or b) You are in the presense of someone who is not of Age.

You can still get around it, but it makes it harder for parents to just buy games for their kids and not pay attention to the rating, and it makes them think twice about it. It would certainly make the parent mad, and wonder why the game isn't being sold to them. DING DING DING! Your child is too young.

Just one idea. I don't want it to happen, but if it did have to, this could be a good way to go about it

Last edited:
parents should be more god damned responsible with what they let their kids have. hopefully that was censored

that article is straight up bullshit. they need to ****ing leave games alone. they already ruined a sweet ****ing game with hugh filters and motion blurs and NOW they want to re-instate the AO rating as well? **** YOU GUYS! its rediculous. murder simulater my ass. prove to me video games have caused murder before and then maybe ill calm down a little.

harold/klebold (columbine shooting) played arcade shooters BUT thats now how they learned to shoot but people just like to pretend they didnt find video tapes of them having REAL target practice in a field somewhere on the otuskirts of town. they just like to play it up like video games killed 12 people that day and the fact they were ****ing weird had nothing to do with it. people kill people, people made them that way, not games.

/rant

ill explain this my way, i do not mean what examples i use its just how i explain things.

This is like the twin tower crashing, who knows it might of been a drunk piolit drivng the plane into the buildings and the us government says " woah the plane crashed...its the terriosts fault" and they start campaingng about terriosts

same with VG some one gets murdered " WOAH, this kid played super mario once. thus video games made him go bad."

bigwilliiy said:
ill explain this my way, i do not mean what examples i use its just how i explain things.

This is like the twin tower crashing, who knows it might of been a drunk piolit drivng the plane into the buildings and the us government says " woah the plane crashed...its the terriosts fault" and they start campaingng about terriosts

same with VG some one gets murdered " WOAH, this kid played super mario once. thus video games made him go bad."

Thats what I was saying in my post.
Parents will put the blame on whatever they can, just as long as they don't look like bad parents.

you know its funny that we had this convo yesterday...cuz last night when i got home from work on X-Play they were talkin about "Sex and Violence in Video games"...i thought it was so strange that we talkin about it poof there it was.

Back