MP3 induced update?

crazydog

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
Did anyone else get a quick (less then 30 second) update when they first clicked the MP3 icon on the wii menu?

If so, does anybody know what it did?

im pretty sure it fixed the problem where mp3 could potentially crash your wii console well just my two cents

~ sovieto2

It made it so the internet browser doesn't crash when you press reset and it also made people with modchips wiis become nonfunctional

FastJunkie said:
It made it so the internet browser doesn't crash when you press reset and it also made people with modchips wiis become nonfunctional

that was my guess. Nintendo is out to kill all moders:sick:

Another reason not to mod your wii, every new hyped game will probably do this.

FastJunkie said:

Nope. Your Wii gets that update automatically via WiiConnect24 (if you have it on). We are speaking of the patch that you get when you first pop in MP3, which is a update specifically for the game. However, I do not know what the update actually does.

I asked the same question elsewhere, and all drew to the following conclusions...

A. It was a required patch to properly play MP3
B. Games that don't perform well with older releases of the system BIOS/OS will generally include updates on the game discs for those few who don't have there Wii connected to the internet.

A good example would be that there is a patch included on the RE4:Wii Edition disc as well, but I never saw it since I downloaded the patch and the disc did not need to install it's own.

As far as disabling mod-chips and what not, I doubt it. Mod-chips themselves are not a problem as it is those who use them illegitimately, and Nintendo has already proven it doesn't want to render the systems of such user-base useless as they've posted warnings to some of there upgrades already. If anything they will continue to update the copy-protection schemes and patch various issues over a course of time.

Keep in mind that not EVERYONE has there Wii online. :)

I have a wiikey,updated no problem. It does not affect modchips. The disclaimer said it "might" render a modded system useless.

It simply updated to allow the use of the systems Mii's and WiiConnect24 to use your address list for registered friends for vouchers. That's about it.

Sovieto2? Has ur sovieto account actually been banned lol?
Also i got an update like this on Mario Strikers....it must have something to do with games with some sort of online capability.....

Back