Wii Photo Channel getting updates in December

james24uk

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2007
not sure if anyone has seen this just found it this morning see below or follow the link : http://wii.qj.net/Wii-Photo-Channel-getting-updates-in-December/pg/49/aid/107562

Nintendo has announced that updates will be made to the Wii Photo Channel this coming December. These will give the Wii the ability to create a personalized icon from one of your favorite digital pictures, and the replacement of MP3 support with AAC file support.

Here's what Nintendo had to say about the upcoming changes, along with some notes for those interested in buying a Wii:

1. Personalize your Wii Menu by making one of your favorite digital images from an SD memory card as the Photo Channel icon.
2. The Wii console will replace MP3 compatibility with the ability to play AAC files, which provide a greater sound quality than an MP3 of the same size. This new compatibility will work with MP4 audio files in the .m4a format. Additionally, you can now choose to have the songs play back in a random order.

* Wii consoles sold in retail stores starting in December 2007 should include AAC file support.
* For Wii Console owners without the AAC file compatibility, you can download the updated version of the Photo Channel from the Wii Shop Channel starting in early December 2007. Please note that once you download the updated Photo Channel (ver 1.1), you will no longer be able to play MP3 format music files.
* Additionally, consumers who purchase a Wii console with the updated Photo Channel (ver. 1.1) already installed will not be able to install the previous version to support MP3 playback.

good find !

welcome to the forum james

now quick , go hunt more info you info hunting hunter of information

I dont know if this is good or not (the update).
I think it is better with the mp3s.
Why they dont change something at the photo channel like putting more effects?

periklis said:
I dont know if this is good or not (the update).
I think it is better with the mp3s.
Why they dont change something at the photo channel like putting more effects?

well if you dont want it , you dont download it i suppose

Are they changing the format of video the Wii supports to anything higher than jpeg?

Why not just have AAC and MP3 at the same time? Why should we loose one so that we can get the other one...It does not make any sense. It is much intelligent to have both..So that those who got mp3 files but want to change the look of their photo channel can do it maybe cause they can't change their mp3 files to AAC. And those who got AAC can do all the new stuff.
they should have both files associations.

i dont know squat about changing music formats, so this is a downer for me, im probably not going to download the update

Sweet, although I have to admit that when I first read that I thought that it meant you could make the entire wii background one of your pics, not just that channel. Still cool.

This will be one of my favorite channels if it can play saved Brawl vids from an SD.

well remember that this update is in the works at the mo so the finished product may differ from and be improved upon what we know now

Back