Multiplayer Online Reports

ReTodd

WiiChat Member
Dec 11, 2006
Pokemon Battle is online in Japan. I looked all over and the first review of the multiplayer online experience I found was from IGN.

"The actual online play also has some problems, primarily with lag. Every menu selection seems to be accompanied by a couple of seconds of lag."

This dosen't concern me too much, considering that Nintendo has a few months to iron out the flaws before it is released in the states.

If anyone reads any other reports, please leave a link to them here.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/750/750994p1.html

I read that report, not much of a pokemon fan ( but for some reason i can name a large position of the characters in the show,hm.) i was checking it out for some insight about nintendo online plans. well it seems there going the same route as they did with th ds. no real lobbies and no way around choosing the people you play with beside given them the long code thing(and i refuse to fly to south corolina and give some guy my code, just so i can play him online. sarcasm 101). i was really hoping that wii would have some kind on Xbox live type service. man im disapointed and to think i sold my 360 for a WII. wii is a good console but i guess ima have to remain a closet nintendo fan until they fix it, if they fix it.

"The actual online play also has some problems, primarily with lag. Every menu selection seems to be accompanied by a couple of seconds of lag."

Maybe cause your oponent and or the server is located in JAPAN! Whereas the Reviewer(no0b) is located across the vast Pacific here in NA....

Sigh...

Nintendo will have to get a lot more servers. It's great to see such progress. I hope this means we'll see more online games in the very near future as they promised 2007 Q2.

5010:
"The actual online play also has some problems, primarily with lag. Every menu selection seems to be accompanied by a couple of seconds of lag

Maybe cause your oponent and or the server is located in JAPAN! Whereas the Reviewer(no0b) is located across the vast Pacific here in NA....

Sigh...''

owned...

5010 said:

Sigh...
LMAO (that laugh is contingent on the fact that he was not playing from japan which i could not verify from the article, but i didnt look very hard)

Back