So, i spoke to nintendo about online play

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
After reading an article on IGN about what they think the wii online play will be, i called nintendo. I asked him if it will be a good/strong online play, he said if it has ( i forgot what it was ) connection, then it should be, i asked about lagging, and he said there is no online game demo out yet except pokemon on ign ( ign said it lagged), he told me that pokemon isnt even a finished game and is still being worked on. SO it wasent the final production of pokemon or not online play. He said online play should be good and come out this year ( 4th quarter around). I asked about SSBB and he said it hasent been confirmed about online play. I think it will be though... SO i am not too worried about online play. I mean, i have my concerns but nintendo knows it has to be good, people are expecting a lot. Even on the ign article they made good points that nintendo is aware about online, they have the news channel, forecast channel, which is good. SO to me, nintendo is highly aware that they need a good online play.

Sounds good man, I wasnt to worried about online, I guess mainly cus I dont have a Wii yet, and I know others have complained about it saying they are bored. You called nintendo though eh? interesting. nice find man.

Borch712ers said:
Wait...FOURTH QUARTER!? What happened to March?? :eek:

Lol, yeah!

Ahh personall I don't mind waiting, I got lots of games to get through before I go onto the online stuff

Only thing that worrys me is if they keep it too..kiddy..Nintendo are been a bit gay as it is with friend codes, I mean come on..say your in the UK like me..who plays games at all times of the night..oh wait..NO GAME LOBBY to see if anyone is on.

lol this guy sounds like hey doesnt know what hes talking about, pokemon is already out in japan...

honestly i trust nintendo. Sure, the DS friend codes do kinda suck, but that was honestly their first real attempt at an online system. And for a first attempt, it wasnt that bad. Remember, xbox live SUCKED when it first came out. I have old issues of GI and EGM and they hated live when it first came out. I believe nintendo will not fail to amaize.

WTF??? Listen Nintendo if you want the 360 and PS3 Fan boys to come to your side YOU MAKE ONLINE GAMES NOW, not later your behind by 5 years and I still dont get why Wii Sports, Call of Duty and Madden were not online. I think they have online by the time Metriod and Mario Soccar come out since there both suppose to be online.

JerrodDRagon said:
WTF??? Listen Nintendo if you want the 360 and PS3 Fan boys to come to your side YOU MAKE ONLINE GAMES NOW, not later your behind by 5 years and I still dont get why Wii Sports, Call of Duty and Madden were not online. I think they have online by the time Metriod and Mario Soccar come out since there both suppose to be online.
ok again. when xbox live first launched with the xbox, there were NO online games available at the time, if you even REMEMBER when the xbox launched, or were even old enough to remember. Give it time.:nono:

asdfnick said:
ok again. when xbox live first launched with the xbox, there were NO online games available at the time, if you even REMEMBER when the xbox launched, or were even old enough to remember. Give it time.:nono:
That was 5 years ago, Nintendo has had that long to work on there online. PS3 has online now so should the Wii, they had the Wii Shop online the first day, its because they were getting money for it, so since this feature makes them no money they make us wait.

JerrodDRagon said:
That was 5 years ago, Nintendo has had that long to work on there online. PS3 has online now so should the Wii, they had the Wii Shop online the first day, its because they were getting money for it, so since this feature makes them no money they make us wait.
I see you are probably young and dont understand. This is nintendos first real dive into the world online gaming for a console. The GCN only had 2 online games. And the DS was their first attempt at a handheld online system, which worked flawlessly, besides the friend codes. And , to quote Miyamoto, " A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever", the same thing goes for WII online. Keep that in mind. It is not in nintendos nature to rush things. ;)

Last edited:
wii<33333 said:
i doubt online will be done by then :mad:
i believe there is a reason why they bumped it from being a launch title, and this is one of them. They want to implement online, and are hopefully waiting for a word back from sega :smilewinkgrin:

Back