My Neighbor Totoro

cons p

WiiChat Member
Mar 16, 2009
this movie is a rare gem hidden in the brink of doom simply because it has been overlooked time after time and no one seems to care just cause it doesn't have any killing in it or vulgarity even lude language.it dosen't have to.i thought the movie wholesome, fun, and entertaining and just looking at the huge bear-rabbit looking thing and the flying cat bus was hillairious. if i ever have kids, i'm going to make sure i have a copy of this movie to share with them.you should too!!:D

No killing or vulgarity? Lame! :lol:

Seriously though, I've never seen it, although if Miyazaki's other films are anything to go by (Howl's Moving Castle not included, because it's awful), I think it might be alright.

Its not overlooked
The cat from it is on the Studio Gibllis (sp) logo

No killing or vulgarity? Lame! :lol:

Seriously though, I've never seen it, although if Miyazaki's other films are anything to go by (Howl's Moving Castle not included, because it's awful), I think it might be alright.

i personally like that best.

never saw todoro though

My Neighbor Totoro is one of the better Ghibli films in my opinion and I don't think it's over looked because of all the missing blood and gore. Look at Spirited Away, hardly had any of that and it was one of the more advertised in the western world compared to the rest.

I think it really comes down to Totoro not really having much of a story and is well, lets face it, incredibly random. I sat through it multiple times due to the sheer...adorableness of the characters and well, randomness. I've seen the better part of the Ghibli films and it stands as one of my favorites.

Miyazaki movies are always a treat! When it comes to Totoro though I will ONLY watch the OLD dub. Dakota Fanning should go die in an alley for raping my ears!! The new dub made me feel so unclean!!

I also really loved Howl's Moving Castle. Nothing like the book and a couple of translation glitches(Markl... LOL), but stunning and great in it's own way. I always like his Euro themed movies. I love them all really!

I liked the film.
And I agree it's one of those films I'd share with my children.

Back