My Sims/The Sims:Castaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

yakushiji

Raving Rabbid
Jan 1, 2008
Wii Online Code
0758-3980-9100-1798
Is either 1 of these games actually worth buying?i love playing the sims on my PC and PS2 so i was thinking of getting this or the sims: castaway, which if any are worth getting?Cheers, and Hi am new on here:cool:

MySims is kind of like Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon( that's what I think of, anyway)...and it really does not feel like you are really playing the Sims.

Castaway is worth looking into because it is just so unique. I enjoyed it. As for Pets, I'm not entirely sure, but it's probably the same idea.

I'm a big fan of Sims 2 on the PC, and neither of these are very very much like the PC game, but both are entertaining in their own way. I totally agree that My Sims is much more like Animal Crossing. It's more fun and deeper than Animal Crossing (IMHO) but very childlike. I'm an adult but I'm pretty bad at games, so I enjoyed just playing around somewhere cute without getting shot at or falling off a cliff and having to start over.

Sims 2 Castaway is a little bit more like Sims 2, but with elements of Lost and Survivor. I found it to be VERY fun and couldn't put it down for days! Lots of things to do and see, skills to develop, fish to catch, stuff to build, and pretty scenery to boot.

Sims 2 Pets really disappointed me. It tries to be more like the PC game, but the graphics are terrible and the controls are very awkward. I played it for a very short time before selling it on Ebay. That was the one that convinced me I really need to rent most games before buying them, because it was a BIG waste of money. Sims 2 does what it does VERY well on the PC and it just doesn't work as well on any console, as far as I've experienced. Castaway and My Sims are both fun variations, though!

MySims is like Animal Crossing but it's good, really good Gamelplay, Castaway if you like to be creative and build whatever you want on an island, then I suggest you get that one.

But I prefer MySims.:smilewinkgrin:

I have both on the way :) I love Sim games on the computer and really wanted Castaway but was intrigued by MySims. I'm not a huge gamer but enjoy sandbox-type of games..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back