My Wii is on fire.

cannon said:
The fans are a waste of time, I got given one and i don't even use it. I actually think it causes more heat because it takes power from the Wii's USB ports.

Not all of them do. I happen to own a fan that runs on 3 double AA batteries.
And it works quiet well, I havent played on my Wii coming close to a month but when I use to like playing it I could play the whole day and leave it on and it never felt hot. So some acutully do work.

solutions
1 get a fan and put it next to wii 2 learn telekinesics put wii next 2 tv and change disks with mind 3 put wii next to tv and dont be lazy
4kill the monster under your be
5 do sombody elses idea

Last edited:
You're supposed to keep it out in the open so that the fan has exhaust capacity.
The Nyko fan sucks. I bought it, then next day it's broken. Took it back, replaced it, the same thing happened.
BOOOOOOO Nyko

I actually think it causes more heat because it takes power from the Wii's USB ports.

no chance. fan is being powered by the usb direct. the heat is being formed by the processors and board.

You seriously need to get ur wii off the carpet! Not only is the carpet acting like an insulator but all the carpet fibers are getting sucked up into the fan propeller.

A good idea for all u guys to do is to take ur mom or dad's sweeper (do just a little manual labor, it wont kill you) and vacuum all the vents on ur wii. this will get all the dust and particles that collect out of ur wii. Even if ur wii is not close to the ground, you get dust in there.

As for a cooling fan i was thinking about getting one but never really motivated myself to spend the money.

With ur wii on the carpet you also run the risk of static discharge on ur wii. This causes major electrical problems.Even thought it may be the perfect place for ur wii, I would SERIOUSLY MOVE IT!:yesnod:

:mad5:
well, keep a Fire Extinguisher next to your Wii just in case...

seriously though, one of those cooling fans might not be such a bad Idea. If they are inexpensive. I have never seen one, but make sure it fits under your Bed. I dont know how big they are.

You'll be fine with it underneath your bed, just so long as you put something underneath it to stop it from touching the carpet.
Have you tried a book? A cutting board? Piece of Glass?
It has those little nubs on it to keep a little air in between the surface that it sits on, because it can get really hot. (Esp. if you have WiiConnect24 on)

By the way, sounds like a sweet setup. All you need now is a Cheetoh-Dispenser and you'll be all set! :lol:

!S

My easy-to-implement tips:

1. Turn WiiConnect24 off when you're not playing it.
2. Take the Wii off the carpet when you're playing, or even just put it upright. It needs some air.

Back