N64 vs. Atari jaguar

link2000

WiiChat Member
Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Wii Online Code
7389-5692-2682-5408
Yes. The Atari jaguar is slightly older than the N64, but they're both known as 64-bit consoles. I want to know which one has better hardware and software lineup in your opinion. What do you think?

Last edited:
I own both systems. It really is no contest, the N64 beats the Jaguar in terms of software, and from looking at the games power also. I feel that we don't even know what the Atari Jaguar can do as far as power is concerned. I don't think the people that controlled Atari at the time knew what to do with it. If it is a 64-bit system, by looking at existing games, then it is more of a 64-bit architecture and not a true 64-bit machine. It didn't stay in the game long enough to have a chance. I like my Jaguar, but there are only a hand full of games (counting on one hand) that make it worth owning.
The N64 library is filled with great games and a ton of fun. Over 400 games total and there are a lot of must have, must play, high quality gaming.

N64 has more decent games, the Jag was released to early and was pushed as a 3D powerhouse, it wasn't it was a 2D one.

Also lack of lots of good games never helps.

Tempest 2000 is as good as it gets and it was surpassed by Tempest 3000 (Played it against its creator)

So true DBloke. The Jaguar was a 2D powerhouse and had great potential in that area, but was never pushed in that direction. Just look at Super Burnout, it showed some of those capabilities.

Tempest 2000 is my top game on the Jag. :thumbsup:

I know some Jaguar coders, they come to my games nights and sometimes show off.

Ive even used the VR headset
[video=youtube;IOVGbI0kLO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOVGbI0kLO0&feature=BFa&list=PLF43076B8B84BC042[/video]

(My previous form)

For some reason I had forgotten that it had a VR headset. Too bad they didn't think of putting a strap down the middle to hold it on your head. Cybermorph would have been an interesting choice to use with that headset. What kind of convention was that?

There was only two made.

It really was shite. Cybermorth wont work with it, next to no games work with it

It was Retro Computer Museums open day, theres loads of these retro events all over the UK, I run one my self twice a month
TNOG.ORG

Back