Name your most under rated/over rated games ever.

Link_

The Hero Of Time
Nov 22, 2006
Puerto Rico
Wii Online Code
3401-8126-5359-2546
Ill kick it with
OVER RATED
grand theft series-i dont see a lot of gameplay there
halo-come on its good but not all that.
rare games(yes even with nintendo)....(and yes,exclude golden eye)

UNDER RATED
beyond good and evil
snowboard kids
i-ninja
earthbound
eternal darkness
sphinix

the list for underrated goes on and on.

Last edited:
^yup,i would love to see a sequel,but i doubt it.

WHAT THE CRAPPINGTON! RARE ISNT OVER-RATED. THEY PRODUCED SUCH CLASSICS AS GOLDENEYE, KILLER INSTINCT, DONKEY KONG COUNTRY, BANJO-KAZOOIE, CONKERS BAD FUR DAY AND THE STAR FOX ADVENTURES.

Also take Grand Theft Auto out cause thats a good series.

I don't know about games but there is one film that I always laugh about in terms of ratings.

Spiderman 2.

Spiderman was rated as a 12 and Spiderman 2 was rated as a PG. Even though Spiderman has one itty bitty swear word and Spiderman 2 has plenty of scary moments not for little children like when he was in the hospital and they were going to cut his mechanical arms off. He then used the chainsaw against them and slaughtered all the doctors.

Also, if little kids can't wait the first film, what's the point in jumping into the sequel?

Icetrash said:
WHAT THE CRAPPINGTON! RARE ISNT OVER-RATED. THEY PRODUCED SUCH CLASSICS AS GOLDENEYE, KILLER INSTINCT, DONKEY KONG COUNTRY, BANJO-KAZOOIE, CONKERS BAD FUR DAY AND THE STAR FOX ADVENTURES.
Don't forget Perfect Dark

Anyhooo when i hear overated I think of many games but one game in paticular FF:VII. I palyedi t when it was it, but I mena WTF!! its not that good its not the best game ever whats up with that.
Another game i think of not because i think its overated but the amount of topics made about this on every froum i ever been to of course I'm talking about OoT. Now that game i could understand why everyone was going on about it.

Underrated

Animal Crossing

It will always be underrated, such is its prowess!:p:p:p

And I'm Nafff At It!!!!!!

im not saying rare games were bad,i just said they weren't all that great.well compared to everything else on the 64 was crap,rare games shined.

i think donkey kong country was overated for its time,it brought just great graphics,but esencially the same gameplay than a mario game.

resident evil(remake for gamecube) i think was underrated just because it was a remake from another system,that game actually has enough new material to make it almos a new game.

and my #1 underrated game of all,Dracula x for the turbo duo(japan only)thats the best castlevania ever.

Here we go!

OVER RATED
Halo
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2142
Dawn of War
Warcraft 3
Any animated movie game
Most games based on movies
Age of Empires 3
World of Warcraft
Everquest
Star Wars: Galaxies
Lots more I cant remember

UNDER RATED
Grim Fandango - Best underrated game ever
And the two grand-daddies of all games:
Scorched Earth
Nethack

I don't agree that warcraft 3 is over rated, but i highly agree that world of warcraft is, my favourite under rated game is soul calibur 2/3 , everyone knows of the tekken series, and when people talk of soul calibur just being 'tekken with swords' its just an insult to the series. The way the whole combat flows and how the gameplay is highly balanced is just superior to other fighting games i have played. I mean, soul calibur 3 barely sold like 2 copies (I bought 1)

Tiwaking said:
OVER RATED
World of Warcraft

you lie *points a finger*

WoW is too good to be true.
And certainly rare and gta cant be overrated....he lies too

although reviewers wouldnt class them as underated, i dont think many people think much of Burnout or Timesplitters. great games.

id put halo as over rated, but i havent played it, and when i get a 360 next month i'll probably get it. although a graphically sound game i think gran turismo is a little overrated.

other than that...i think most over rated games are probably not half bad if you actually play them, and its not from a genre you dont like.

and for the record, yes, animal crossing is underated. but it is also boring

I agree with Halo being overrated. I own both games and wasn't driven to even complete them. The multiplayer is pretty good though.

Back