Need Connection!

Ok I have done a little research, and I do beleive I could use my Macbook as a Wireless router, but I will have to have it wired up with ethernet, but hey, Im not gonna buy games and surf the web at the same time..

I will probly test this theory out later tonight and Ill try and post the results if there are any others in my situation....
wish me luck

HAHA YEESSSSSS.... I just got confirmation from my housing reps and they said a wifi dongle is acceptible for wiis only!!!! I just need to know if the Wifi Max is Mac Compatible

ocdan said:
did you use a mac filter? I would like to also use my laptop in my room so if I were to use my wii and laptop on mac it could be detectable?

Nope, I didn't use any filtering. I just let anybody use it. .. the only people that could use it though were the neighbors on each side (and maybe the person above me) cause the signal wasn't strong enough to go any further, i am guessing due to the thick walls or other interferance.

csiguy4u said:
Nope, I didn't use any filtering. I just let anybody use it. .. the only people that could use it though were the neighbors on each side (and maybe the person above me) cause the signal wasn't strong enough to go any further, i am guessing due to the thick walls or other interferance.
yeah, WifiMax is NOT compatible with macs. and the computer-computer internet share with a wii doesnt not work... so I guess my best bet would to see if any of my neighbors use wireless routers and I can bum off them, or I could risk it and use my own router... but if I were to have other people jumping on my network, the school would probly notice all the IP's connected to my room and think somethings fishy.

ocdan said:
yeah, WifiMax is NOT compatible with macs. and the computer-computer internet share with a wii doesnt not work... so I guess my best bet would to see if any of my neighbors use wireless routers and I can bum off them, or I could risk it and use my own router... but if I were to have other people jumping on my network, the school would probly notice all the IP's connected to my room and think somethings fishy.

When you use a router, the network only sees one device connected through the routers IP address; that's the beauty of a router. Thats why people use them on their high-speed connections when the ISP's used to charge on a per-computer basis.

csiguy4u said:
When you use a router, the network only sees one device connected through the routers IP address; that's the beauty of a router. Thats why people use them on their high-speed connections when the ISP's used to charge on a per-computer basis.
I take it you have been in such situations and passed them by with ease...

Back