Need REAL HELP When Connecting Online.

Tyleer

WiiChat Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ok, i've been looking everywhere for help and no luck at all, i'm trying to connect online and everything goes well until test connection and comes up with error: 51330, people have been seeing to reset the router, or change channels etc. or change settings to mix g/b etc etc. i'm only 15 and well i have no idea what all that is and can't really reset anything and i just have no idea what to do and i know nothing about all this router thing, my router thing is NETGEAR DG834PN, please help!! would be soo much help for me. thank you :smilewinkgrin:

Tyleer said:
i'm only 15 and well i have no idea what all that is and can't really reset anything and i just have no idea what to do and i know nothing about all this router thing
Given that, it pretty much sums up your options:

1) Hire a professional (I do this for a living but I doubt you're near me)
2) Find a friend/relative who is really good with routers, networking, and computers to look at it.

If you're that lost and unwilling to learn then no one is going to be able to help you remotely.

yes my router is wireless and i'm connected to the internet on my computer.
also if the only way to fix this problem is something to do with the router, what excatly do i have to do?

What exactly you need to do depends on exactly what the problem is, which we're nowhere near knowing yet. You'll have to answer a lot more questions.

Do you have any other wireless devices that are able to use your wireless router?

You can also try turning off MIMO on the router as it's just another hack to double bandwidth by hogging up more channels. Wifi has enough interference problems as it is without rude devices taking up more than they ought to. Unless you're the only house within a half-mile in all directions, you should not try to go above standard 54Mbit/s 802.11g

I haven't got any other wirless devices that are using my wirless router.

And i look on the router but i couldn't find MIMO? And how do i know if it's above the standard 54Mbit/s 802.11g?

Just my 2 cents:

Find/Download the user manual for your router. Check the router to see which (if any) security settings have been set (e.g., MAC filtering, WEP, or WPA). If so, make sure your Wii has the same settings.

Also, check the router's logs (read the manual to find out how) and see if it detects your Wii.

Good luck.

Does your router/ISP have any firewalls? Could be a problem. Was for me before.

MIMO = multi-in, multi-out. Technique of snagging and bonding multiple channels so that you get more-throughput. To the detriment of anyone else around trying to use wifi.

Netgear refers to it as MIMO on their product info page for that router but maybe they use other terminology in the actual web setup. I gave up on Netgear years ago because their products were so buggy and braindead so it wouldn't surprise me.

Out of curiosity, Tyleer: what country are you in? The DG834PN is not for use in North America, according to Netgear. Or Germany for that matter.

This site is your friend: http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/dg834pn.asp

My router has got no sercuity settings.
I'm not 100% about the firewalls actually, i have firewalls 'on' on my computer but not sure what else?
And i'm living in the UK.
I do apologize for how i know nothing at all about routers and thank you so far for the help.

Back