Neon Genesis Evangelion 64

chach

umm yaa.... anybody here?
May 13, 2007
In search of epic lulz
Wii Online Code
1185-8785-0113-8139
I have yet to buy my classic controller, and i was wondering if the vc had this game. If not does anyone know if this game will be put on vc.

If Nintendo keeps doing what they are doing every game will be on VC

nice thanks for the reply...

didnt think there was actually any hard core gamers on this site that would remember that game.

I wouldn't count on this game any time soon, if ever...

Nintendo most likely will not release it outside Japan without it being translated and given the work that would require I just don't see it happening.

Look at the Earthbound (Mother) series...Nintendo completed the english localization for Mother 1 and still never released it here.

In Japan they even have GBA versions of Mother 1 + 2, plus Mother 3. In the US, Earthbound for the SNES is all that's available out of the 3 games.

Would be nice though, NGE is a pretty rare game and it fetches a high price on the used market. (A local store has a copy, cartridge only, for $79.99)

Sort of like Earthbound...not a cheap game to pick up, especially with the guide...

We will get Earthbound. It has a huge following in the US. I personally didn't like the game. I still played it all the way through. There's something in that game that pulls you in. I think hypnosis!

Maybe, maybe not...

I would have thought that Mother 1 (the precursor to Earthbound) would have been released here. They did the localization for it, but never released it for the NES, although it came out for the Famicom.

Now they even have a GBA port of it and it should have been fairly easy to release in the US (with a lot of guaranteed sales from Earthbound fans) but they didn't do it...

I just don't know what Nintendo's thinking is on these things (and I don't think anyone else does either) so as much as I agree that they should release Earthbound (and probably will) it's impossible to predict...

NGE64 was a Bandai game (strike one). It used the original voice actors for japanese in game audio. (strike two). Should I go on?

My advice is to search for Neon Genesis Evangelion Shito Ikusei (J) [M][!].zip and have fun with it instead ;)

You have more insight into it than do I, but even without that information, I would have put the chances of NGE being released as close to zero...

Mother 1 (Earthbound Zero as the hacked/translated ROMS are usually named) hasn't even been released here and this is a game that's already been translated (localized in industry speak) and would be pretty much guaranteed to sell well...

As I said, they even have a GBA port of the code that has been released in Japan in addition to the original 8-bit Famicom code.

NGE would have to be translated, voice work done, and licensing issues worked out...anything is possible, but some things are less likely than others...

As far as the ROM goes...I haven't found an emulator that plays it as well as I would like. (I'm fairly picky about stuff like this...unless it can be emulated PERFECTLY, I'll go out and get the original.)

Managed to pick up a mint condition used copy on ebay for $40...and I really mean mint. It's complete in the box...the card pack hasn't even been opened. Pretty good game although I'm missing out a little bit since I don't read/speak Japanese...

I lucked out on that though...most of the time the cart goes for around $80...it's a shame that some great games will never be enjoyed by a wider audience...

I never knew they made a neon genesis evangolian game. If it came out in English and one of the best classic game of all times, it is surely going to be on the VC. And heres a site to get a free 2000 wii points card. You just have to do surveys.
http://www.*****************/?ref=19866
and heres a site so you can get free video games for thw wii or gamecube or whatever
http://www.videogamelagoon.com/?ref=62799

Back