NES Legend of zelda is (CRAP)

chesstruct132

WiiChat Member
Jan 25, 2007
I can't believe nintendo would charge me five dollars for a game that doesn't even work. It has the same problems as the roms did. sadly i have been trying to play this version since the first grade, and i have been dreaming about playin it ever since (i sure the game isn't as fun as i once thought it was but i still have that memory in my mind). i mean of course i play it in the first grade but i didn't really get to play it from the beginning to the end. even a couple years again i was downloading every rom i could find but they all had the same problem. when you press the start button to assign a weapon (like the bommering) to B the cursor doesn't move. has anyone else notice the problem. part of the reason why i wanted the wii so bad was because i was sure it would work for the wii. i just wanted to play this zelda so badly. and now i realize it ain't going to happen unless i look for an original nintendo and the original game

wtf

no such problem here. prolly just cursed i doubt that nintendo would release something with such a major problem the only problem i have is that the fram rate slows slightly when theres alot going on

:/ im pretty sure it works.

I wouldnt dl it anyways since i got Zelda Collector Edition for GCN :D
Works on there.

wtf it still doesn't work, i can't use the boomering. have you gotten the boomering and were you able to equip it

Yeah that sucks. MY Boomerang works just fine. Get Link to the Past. I think thats one of the funnest Zeldas out there.

Zelda has always worked and is one of the best if not the best NES game of all time

Yeah just because you suck at a game doesnt mean it sucks... nes zelda is awsoume and a classic once you work out where your going...

Try pressing different directions - if it is left/down/diagonal try pressing left or down.

hope this helps...I have done something stupid like this before so it might be the case...

I registered just so I can answer this question because I have no idea what you've been doing wrong. When you first earn the boomerang, you simply press B to use it. To switch between the weapons you get later on (bombs or what ever) you press start and then left or right to cycle through the items. Press start again and now B is set to that item. It's as simple as that. I have downloaded Zelda for my Wii and it works just like the original (as all the VC games do)

uttackle71 said:
no such problem here. prolly just cursed i doubt that nintendo would release something with such a major problem the only problem i have is that the frame rate slows slightly when theres alot going on

just like the original NES version :lol:

Its like built in bullet time.

i downloaded this for VC. i dont have a classic controller yet , but all my other VC games work fine (mario, sonic)...

never mind all this time, i feel like a dick, everytime i got the bow for some reason i always thought that was the boomering so i would try to equip it but i guess you can't till you get arrows. damn i'm a idiot and i take all of it back i always loved this game. thanks for all the help

Back