Never-Ending Mario

I think Mario is great and all, but by sqeezing him into every genre of game, from football to golf to platformer to tetris, they water down the franchise.

Think about the movie The Godfather, or for you younger ones, The Lord of the Rings movies. Great movies, right? Well what if they made 10 Lord of the Ring movies, some the original style, some set in the future, some anime-style. While they might be the coolist anime-movies you've ever seen, the story is lost.

I think, in general, that Nintendo falls back on its main three franchises: Metroid, Zelda, and Mario. While they are each great in their own way, I really hope we see more Red Steels, more original franchises that are unique and deep in their own way. This will leave us, the gamers, with innovative new games as well as well-made and focused tried and true franchises like Mario.

Well Red Steel isn't Nintendo's but some games like Mario Tennis (better make a Wii sequel where you run with nunchuka and do differnet hits with wiimote) and Mario Strikers (never played but heard its good) others like Tetris and Golf..is just to far.

this has always been the problem with nintendo, they put everything on their main characters (which put me off the GC)

but you cant say the Mario64 is a newer version of Mario Bros, they are completely different but with the same lead characters

zelda is the same, same characters but all 3d and lovely

oh and metriod

but nintendo has added some completely different this time...

the control mechanics

but yes i agree, they should concentrate on some new titles and push the 3d party angle more

that would be awesome like maybe they make a "make a level" option on the game and you could try everybody elses online it would be sweet and it would give the option of making invisible blocks and enemys and every thing

MetroidZ said:
impossible to make a never ending game, unless it just keeps looping the same thing, which is just stupid. the jumbo mario game would be cool, maybe something for virtual console (sinse i heard they will be making new VC games)
or it randomizes the levels ahead so they change by themselves

But the thing I like about Nintendo is the wide variety of 1st party games. They have a TON of characters to work with. Mario, Luigi, Wario, Link, Donkey Kong, Starfox, Kirby, etc.

And they do work with them all...

And there is such thing as never ending...
it's called online gaming. Which, technically ends, but you just restart it and play again. Awesome for replay factor. :yesnod:

Homesrfan said:
But the thing I like about Nintendo is the wide variety of 1st party games. They have a TON of characters to work with. Mario, Luigi, Wario, Link, Donkey Kong, Starfox, Kirby, etc.

And they do work with them all...

And there is such thing as never ending...
it's called online gaming. Which, technically ends, but you just restart it and play again. Awesome for replay factor. :yesnod:
or if the online game is a succes, never ending expansions!

ocdan said:
or if the online game is a succes, never ending expansions!
Then there becomes the issue on... NEVER ENDING SD CARDS!
We need storage to store these updates. External HD isn't avaliable (as far as I know), but maybe in the future. On 512MB, I garuntee I will use that up in about a year.

Back