An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
Its not dead yet folkes
[h=2]Oh Mummy
1985Alternativo, homebrew newcomers hailing from Spain, have made an impressive and impactful entrance. Out of blue they have announced their brand new Sega Mega Drive / Genesis arcade game, Oh Mummy, an updated remake of an old Amstrad CPC title which is due for release in cartridge form this October.[/h]This new release from 1985Alternativo remains very faithful to the original 1984 Amstrad CPC version of Oh Mummy, whilst introducing a story, gorgeous 16-bit visuals and what appears to be a new addition of boss fights. The core gameplay, however, remains intact requiring you to circle the many tombs in view to reveal treasure while avoiding the evil mummies.Going by their trailer it would also appear that the original Amstrad CPC version (or at least a port of it) is present within the game. Whether or not this is just a visual mockup and teaser is yet to be told, but our hopes are high for getting both versions of Oh Mummy on the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis.

[video=youtube;MVZwz6tCV3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVZwz6tCV3I&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Has this been released yet? I went to the site and found out it was not my language. Awesome! :thumbsup: I don't see why there aren't more games made for these older systems. Sure it may be a niche market. But we are still here and would take the bite.

Its all about making the carts, its expensive to press these things, they could always release the roms for those of us lucky enough to have ways of playing them on there own hardware.

On the other hand the Vectrex died early and still has people making games for it

Back