New Platformer / Old school style

This Wiik

WiiChat Member
Apr 12, 2007
As I am playing Super Paper Mario (very good game, btw) I can't help but hope that Nintendo will release a regular old-school style platform game.

Would anyone else buy a new platformer?

I would definatley buy one.

As long as Nintendo has Mario in the title somewhere, it'd sell like crazy. Nintendo should do it, New Super Mario was a success for them.

Any way I think we're having one soon. The Kirby game that was supposed to come out on the GC I think is coming to the Wii.

I think that's a step back unless it's for the DS SPM was clearly Wii's platformer personally I think if you want an old-school you should get the original for VC there really isn't anything they can add that isn't majorly outdone to a platformer

WiiZero said:
I think that's a step back unless it's for the DS SPM was clearly Wii's platformer personally I think if you want an old-school you should get the original for VC there really isn't anything they can add that isn't majorly outdone to a platformer

I wouldn't really call it step back when I actually prefer 2D platformers over 3D ones. Just because it's 2D game doesn't mean it has to look like it came straight from a 16 bit console, it could still retain its classic roots while looking awesome.

Take Klonoa 2 for example, it's what 2D platformers should look like today.

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=i6xbViIxyTA[/MEDIA]

There's still plenty of stuff that can be done in platformers, just because 3D games have taken over lately doesn't mean it has to be over.

Yeah, I'd like to see a good ole' side-scrolling adventure game.

Kinda makes me wanna whip out Paper Mario... Non-wii version though D:
Never did beat it.

Hope I still have it....

Blast. Let a friend borrow it! I'ma have to take it back!

[/useless post]

Yeah .. my favorite games were all side scroll.

Super Mario Bros, Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, DK Country, etc. etc.

These games are challenging in a much different way than a game such as Mario 64 .. but it does not make them any worse.

Nintendo .. please. Super Mario World Wii :thumbsup:

I love going through Super Paper Mario and seeing some parts from the original Mario Bros. New Mario Bros on DS is a blast. Needless to say, I'd love to see a Super Mario Bros Wii version!

Back