New to Halo

Guinness

King of the Corgi Tribe
Apr 25, 2007
St. Pete Florida
Wii Online Code
6695-9494-9036-0139
Hey! I just got a 360 a few weeks ago and have been loving it, loving Gears of War, and plan on getting Halo 3 tonight at midnight. Having never played a Halo before do I need to play the first two games to fully enjoy this game? Or is it something I can just hop right in? I'm getting it really for the mulitplayer which I hear is phenomenal, but I do intend on playing through campaign mode too.

if you don't care about story, jump on in, and enjoy.

But I do care about the story, since I guess this is the last game right? And I don't think I could play through the first two in the next 6 hours. I know! I know! Gimmie a quick rundown on the events from the first Halo to where Halo 3 begins.

The user has already been banned, no worries. As for Halo I would suggest on renting both Halo 1 and 2 and play through their campaigns to get a better understanding of what has happened etc. Unfortunately it has been too long since I played Halo. So I can't really fill you on in what has happened etc. However if you were to jump in and play the online multiplayer that should be easy. Oh and something else that just came to my mind is that usually in the instruction booklet there will be a small briefing of what has happened and how you got there for the campaign mode

lucky this class im in we use computers so i was able to ban him quickly :)

anyways multiplayer was made for noobs and vets to play and enjoy. single player is also noob friendly but there may be holes in the story if you havent played the first two

Mitch slacking off in the first week of College.. nice :p

As I mentioned above you should go ahead and rent both H1 and H2. Or search google for a review of both H1 and the H2 campaign. Oh and if you ever want to play when you pick up the game feel free to add my gamertag:

SoapyMelonPants

Syntax said:
Mitch slacking off in the first week of College.. nice :p
you know it! yea we are just going over basic photoshop crap right now. kinda boring. at least im getting to use a mac for my first time
:yesnod:

Nice. I've been using my new Macbook for the past day. Must say I love it. Anyways I should get off. I have to get to my 5:00 class and the bus is usually late.

Not to go further off topic..

Would anyone be interested in organizing a H3 Multiplayer Campaign Mode here on Wii Chat? It would be limited to four spots only but if anyone is interested let me know and we can possibly set something up.

Thanks everyone, btw I'm in need for friends, my 360 friends list is still empty. My Gamertag is DjGuinness, feel free to add me if you feel like pwning a noob tonight!

sytax, im up for it. i really want some people to play campaign with. however i kind of want just people i know (like you) because to me it is much more fun that way (IMO)

NEED TO GET HALO IT HAS 4 PLAYER COOP AND NEW WEPONS AND VEHICLES ONLY 9 LEVELS BUT IT IS HAAARD PLAY IN HEROIC ONE ONE PLAYER AND IT TAKES 12HRS. TO BEAT GAME:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
halo-3-20070923023521881.jpg

I'd personally go read something about the storyline...better yet, i'll give you something to read.

http://forums.xbox.com/14748829/ShowPost.aspx
That will surely fill you in on anything (Including the novels) you need to know before Halo 3. There's also some videos with all the cutscenes from Halo 1 and 2 in there. So dig in! :wink:

And i'd join you all on your offer, but at the moment the 360 isn't connected to the internet/Xbox Live or anything. I need a wireless router and adapter as my computer isn't anywhere near my 360...

Damn Krusnik, that post was the shiz-nittlebam snip-snap-sack! Thats exactly what I was looking for! I can't thank you enough and I'm reppin' you! Anyways just about 3 hours to go now, looks like I'll get my studies done in time. Thanks!

Mitch2025 said:
sytax, im up for it. i really want some people to play campaign with. however i kind of want just people i know (like you) because to me it is much more fun that way (IMO)

I just need to get live working now. I rented a console seeing as my brothers console died last night. However since I've been on I've been unable to connect to xbox live.. May be due to the fact that my wireless internet is connected to the same server...

Back