New to the Wii, but not to Nintendo

froubaby

WiiChat Member
Jan 3, 2011
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Hi all! I just bought a Wii over the holidays (25th anniversary red one) after watching my 7 year old niece and 2 year old nephew play the Dance Party game. I then took a run through the Wii Fit Plus on my step-mom's console and figured what the hell. My boyfriend and I went all out with the balance board, 2 dance games, mario kart, and a few others. I'm in the process of setting up some Mario Kart game nights with friends around the world and have started on the Wii Fit Plus activities (they're actually fun!). I had been dreading buying a new game system as I still have the Atari, regular Nintendo, and Game Boy from back in the day and could not see myself sitting playing games in my 30's, but these action ones don't feel like games since you're moving so much and at the same time the workout ones feel like games to make it fun. lol

Anyhow, I'm enjoying this little red thing and have already found the forums helpful to answer a few questions I had. Thanks!

Welcome! Which 2 dance games did you get? Hubby and I play Just Dance 2 a lot. We're...uh...older gamers too, quite a bit older than 30 :wink:

Back