New to Wii what do I need?

ffrllc

WiiChat Member
Jul 12, 2007
I just purchased a Wii for my sons birthday coming up and need to know what else I need. Right now, all I have is the console and what ever comes with the console.

I just want him to be able to play two player games and I've learned the system doesn't come with enough accessories to play two players right out of the box.

So I think I will need 1 extra Nunchuk remote, one extra wireless remote, and a memory card. Am I leaving anything else out that I will need for him and a friend (or him and me...lol) to be able to play games together?

I also wanted to see if there is any reason to purchase the "Nintendo Wii memory card" vs alll the other memory cards out there that are much cheaper. I can get a 2GB memory card on eBay for example for about $25. Is there any real difference between other memory cards that say they are compatible with the Wii and the one actually manufactured by Nintendo?

Thanks in advance for a y help.

First of all, you don't really NEED a memory card. The Wii has 512 MB of internal flash memory, which is plenty for game saves. Second, if you insist on buying a memory card, there's not much difference, but in my experience first-party accessories just tend to be a bit more reliable.

i would recommend geting wii play i got it first its great it comes with free wiimote so basicly your getting 9 minigammes for a fiver and there great fun for kids

Back