New Wii-Keybaord

That would be awsome. I think the real wii key board (if they make one) is goign to hook up to the usb port in the back.

Well it looks good despite it not being real.
Hopefully one is coming our way though.

PinkFloyd said:
That would be awsome. I think the real wii key board (if they make one) is goign to hook up to the usb port in the back.

Clearly they've enabled USB keyboards, but to be useful, it's going to need like 12+ feet of cabling.

If you plug it into the wiimote, you can't use the chuck (sorry, I don't see a combined keyboard/chuck peripheral ever). Bluetooth is the way to go.

If Nintendo were to release a keyboard, imo it must have it's own connection to the Wii because most games will require a nunchuck

yeah but you wouldn't use the keyboard in games....would you?

imo the great thing about the wii is the fact that it's NOT a computer....i don't want it to turn into one

so connecting to the wiimote would be fine as me considering we basically only use the chuck in wii games

mushroomedmario said:
yeah but you wouldn't use the keyboard in games....would you?

We hold out hope of having some means of communicating in game someday. BT chat would better, but one year later, anything would be nice. Text chat has issues (it's hard to type and shoot at the same time), but it beats nothing. At the very least, it could be used in lobbies prior to starting a game.

I wouldn't buy a keyboard just to type in Friend codes, I only use my browser for streaming, and I don't use my wii for email. Seems like a pretty small market to prep a keyboard for.

That's the new imac keyboard!
i would definitely buy a wireless mac keyboard if you can afford it
those things have some price premium.
USB keyboard on Wii sounds like a good idea, even though I don't have one to spare right now.

Nice look. Makes me wonder what the real one will look like. My last attempt at guessing a video game controller was some kind of transforming controller. That would go very bad, very fast if you got mad, or just button mashed and it transformed into Optimus Prime.

of course the other side could have a nunchuck port so that keyboard sits on lap. Wii-mote in one hand, nunchuck in the other. Easy fix ;)

Deanis said:
of course the other side could have a nunchuck port so that keyboard sits on lap. Wii-mote in one hand, nunchuck in the other. Easy fix ;)

If the wii remote's port is technically able to handle two inputs, that would be a good solution, and one I didn't think of.

I wish they would execute that with zapper peripherals--so you have a real zapper (not a plastic "wrap") with real buttons that feed input electronically to the wiimote in addition to housing it (placing the buttons in positions suited to the setup and giving them the proper tactile feedback that doesn't come with middle-man buttons), and then have a second port in the gun that the nunchuck plugs into, keeping it seperate and two-handed.

Back