Will Wii??

Cooldogs

WiiChat Member
May 22, 2006
Will Wii create two versions of the console.
Every other new generation has been.
They created one console that is cheaper and has less and another one with more stuff but more expensive.
I am wondering if Wii will do that too.
It starting to become quite popular now days.
What do you guys think?

I know it isn't Nintendo's style, but Nintendo is new stuff.
I thought maybe the will go so far to create two versions of the Wii.
Maybe a gamers and a non-gamers console or classical player and a modern player. I hope Nintendo only makes one version of the console.

Gamers:
More memory in hardrive and better.

Non-Gamers:
Less memory in hardrive and more basic.

That would be the differences based on my guess.

I don't understand? The Wii will not come with a Hard Drive, only the internal 512MB SD Memory. Why does it need more than that?

Can you also please elaborate on what you mean by "better" and "more basic". Are you implying graphics quality? Processor speed? It would be impossible for nintendo to modify those two things as it would make life hell for developers. I think you are confused with the way Microsoft and Sony are marketing their new consoles, as they do in fact include hard drives which can be upgraded.

Well, I think Iwata hinted in an interview some where that the Wii would have an external hard drive attachable through the USB ports... I think. :tard:

Cooldogs said:
They created one console that is cheaper and has less and another one with more stuff but more expensive.
This has not been the case with the N64 or Gamecube, but nearly all the gameboy systems have had better versions, e.g colour GB and the DS lite, so I don't think there would be an immediate better version of the Wii.

Riviet said:
This has not been the case with the N64 or Gamecube, but nearly all the gameboy systems have had better versions, e.g colour GB and the DS lite, so I don't think there would be an immediate better version of the Wii.

Remembering that the different versions of the gameboy diddn't differ power wise from the pervious. The only difference between the gameboy > pocket was the size, the gba > sp was the size, backlight and buttons, the ds > lite was the light, buttons and size. It seems to me very unlikely that we will see a change in the hardware of the wii once it is released. If it did it would be ages away and a bit like the new ps2 they realeased that was nothing other then smaller.

Cooldogs said:
Nintendo is new stuff.
They've been going on since the 80's.

Well, I don't think they will create a small version of the Wii... I think it'll be small enough anyway. Things like these are usually done with the gameboy or their handheld stuff.

No, Nintendo would never make two consoles. I read a quote from one of the Nintendo Workers who was quoted as saying "we try to put everything into the system by launch"

refering to the system being able to update its self while off

Why would Nintedo even do that what sense does make to have 2 versions of any console.

rumor has it that itll only come i bundels like 300 for extra controler and suck and 250 for just one controler and the system. but it is just a rumor

Yeah, thats not nintendo style, they dont need to do that, people remember are buying a machine to play not as the ps3 that will be a computer and other stuff... nintendo never do that stuff only with their portable system... i dont think they will be very stupid to do something like that. but if they do that they have to make it on the release date so anybody will be upset.

Pit said:
I highly doubt it to be honest, it just doesn't seem like Nintendos style to me.

Are you kidding? How many different types of Nintendo Gameboys, Game Boy Advances and Now Nintendo DS's have they released? lol.... Its quite possible, but it will probably not be released on the first day of release. I think its possible.

- Scythe

Back