New Wii...Nintendo Sports

Fetcher54

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2006
This seems like the place to be for the wii. I just bought a system with Zelda. The sports game that came with it is not working. Of about 15 tries ejecting, resetting and turning off the system the game finally loaded once. Today, I can't get the game to read at all!!! The Zelda game reads the fine. Anyone else have this problem? or suggestions on how to fix this problem? thanks!

I wonder if you take it back to the store with the receipt it will give you a new one?

Oh, that's strange. Yeah, I agree with doctorecs. Take the receipt back to the store (if you still have it). Did you camp out all night for it?

Hmm, is there anything wrong with under-side of the disc? Scratches, smudges? Obviously, there's nothing wrong w/ the Wii since it reads it perfectly...I would also suggest returning it. If they don't believe you, then show em' that it doesn't work. That's too bad it doesn't work, Wii Sports is my favorite game (beating both LOZ and Red Steel!).

The disk is in perfect condition. I bought it at Walmart yesterday. Luckily I didn't have to camp for it. I knew they were getting some in and were going to sell it when they opened up in the morning. I live in a small town with a super Walmart. So they got like 12 systems with only 6 people waiting in the morning. Pretty nice huh! But now they're all sold out, so I don't know if taking the game back would work. I'll try again tonight and we'll have to see what happens.

Just try to get ahold of Nintendo. Im sure they would send you another one free of charge. Its not worth taking your whole system back, its hard to find a Wii, and will be until sometime mid January

If you had bought the game at EBgames/Gamestop and got the warranty then you could take it back. . .but I guess you didn't think of that when you went el cheapo @ walmart.

doctorecs said:
I wonder if you take it back to the store with the receipt it will give you a new one?
When there aren't enough to go arround as it is. Sure, they can pull from their stock of zero and give a replacement out...

Last edited:
i had a similar problem as you and seemed to fix itself couple days after i had mine (odd but true)...My LOZ booted up smoothly all the time i put in the game but my wii sports would sometimes give me an error message and told me to eject the disc. the second time i put it in it worked. two or three days later i didn't get any wii sports errors anymore for some reason and now it's working fine. Your's seems like its alot worse though so i'm not sure if the same will happen to yours. Good luck fixing it :)

Back