New Wii SKU Coming

Wiinter

Audentes fortuna iuvat
Apr 20, 2007
Wii Online Code
8745-5143-2651-5351
New Wii SKU

codename revolution said:
Maybe I’m missing something here but a new update from my distributor contact reveals a second Wii console (it’s currently being called “New Pack”) that is expected to be sent out to retailers soon.

Please note the difference between speculation (on timing and price) and fact. There is a new UPC for Wii, indicating a new product/bundle is on the way. There is virtually no other real info. The author's 'expectations' on timing are pretty irrelevant, for instance.

So what is it? Colors, DVDs, wrist straps, Wii Fit bundle...? Will it replace the old or augment it (ala MS' 3 SKU strategy)?

EDIT: I wouldn't mind if this were in the Main Wii Chat category--out of habit I clicked the wrong forum.

Last edited:
Hmmm I dont hope its a slightly improved version because than Illl feel Pwned by Nintendo lol

cyberzomby said:
Hmmm I dont hope its a slightly improved version because than Illl feel Pwned by Nintendo lol

Exactly :yesnod: :lol:

porbably a wii fit bundle or some other game bundled with it like mario galaxy.

read that in the comments on the site linked above, seems the most likly explination.

Ever since they announced Wii Fit, I've speculated that they would bundle it. This would allow them to get the unit into health food stores, (more) gyms, and other places even Wii Sports hasn't gone, and fulfill their promise of lapping the competition in audience expansion.

Presumably while they're doing that, they won't be releasing voice chat for their non-soccer mom players. Go Nintendo!

If it is wii fit with the board do you think they'll also sell it separate? I hope so.

samXcor3 said:
If it is wii fit with the board do you think they'll also sell it separate? I hope so.

They'd be limiting their Wii-Fit market significantly if they don't sell it seperately.

samXcor3 said:

sell Wii Fit seperate? Yea ofcourse they have to

I think you are all wrong.

I think the new SKU is just for the NEW bundles that will now include the wiimote jacket covers...

samXcor3 said:

They've already announced a price for Wii Fit and release date. They will intend to sell it to the 10 million Wii owners who don't have one.
opitekk said:
I think the new SKU is just for the NEW bundles that will now include the wiimote jacket covers...
http://www.nintendo.com
Nintendo said:
Nintendo is now including the Wii Remote Jacket for the Wii Remotes in all new hardware being shipped.

But I'm not sure they need a new SKU to do that, and since they claim it's already shipping, I think the UPC info would contain more than just that the UPC is owned by Nintendo.

I am pretty sure I know what it is...although many may not believe me.

I was talking to a Nintedo rep. on tech support b/c my Wifi USB connector wouldn't work for my DS. He was unable to help me get the program running, and suggested it was either my computer or my ISP. I simply explained that I've been through the same thing with both Dell and AT&T and no one can seem to get the damned thing working when i have tried everything from disabling/re-enabling connection sharing and even rebuilt my whole network from scratch updated the driver,ect..

Anyway he finally offered that I send it back and that it may be defective. (no ****...lol)

For my troubles I asked him for some compensation. he said he was under strict policy not to reveal anything game wise until they were able to officially announce it, which was understandable.

He did however say that there was a new version of the Wii coming out with DVD playback capabilities. I asked him when he said sometime later this year (it was around April at the time). I asked if there was going to be an external add-on for hose of us who already own the console and would like the option. He said that was "classified".

So there you have it. My speculation on what this new SKU could mean for all us "wii-tards" out there.

P.S.:I still never got my wifi connector to work and any help would be appreciated.

wow, extralifemushroom, thats a TALL tale you got there.

jk i beleive it but i dont see how he couldve told you that since its not released information yet.

I heard that the new Wii will have a BluRay drive and will come bundled with Halo 3. Just a rumor though.

Extra Life Mushroom said:
I am pretty sure I know what it is...although many may not believe me.

I was talking to a Nintedo rep. on tech support b/c my Wifi USB connector wouldn't work for my DS. He was unable to help me get the program running, and suggested it was either my computer or my ISP. I simply explained that I've been through the same thing with both Dell and AT&T and no one can seem to get the damned thing working when i have tried everything from disabling/re-enabling connection sharing and even rebuilt my whole network from scratch updated the driver,ect..

Anyway he finally offered that I send it back and that it may be defective. (no ****...lol)

For my troubles I asked him for some compensation. he said he was under strict policy not to reveal anything game wise until they were able to officially announce it, which was understandable.

He did however say that there was a new version of the Wii coming out with DVD playback capabilities. I asked him when he said sometime later this year (it was around April at the time). I asked if there was going to be an external add-on for hose of us who already own the console and would like the option. He said that was "classified".

So there you have it. My speculation on what this new SKU could mean for all us "wii-tards" out there.

P.S.:I still never got my wifi connector to work and any help would be appreciated.

i dont believe it because i know there phone calls are recorded. i dont think he'd want to get himself fired and i dont think someone of his status (tech. Help) would know that kind of information, especially not that early on.

Master Foot said:
I heard that the new Wii will have a BluRay drive and will come bundled with Halo 3. Just a rumor though.

why would you say this? what a waste?

the new wii sku is just with the wiimote covers inside

Back