New Wii - What now?

bigdaddyde

WiiChat Member
Jul 2, 2007
I just got my wii, from those experienced players out there, what do i need from an accessory standpoint (additional controlers, sensor bar, etc). I havent even opened the box yet so i know nothing other then i am counting down the hours until i leave for home to set this thing up

Hmm, well accesory wise, it is a very veyr good idea to get an extra nunchuck and controller. These will come in handy. You will probably also want a beginners kit. I have remote covers and a docking station i believe.

If my post has helped, click the GREEEN Mushroom.

Accessories
But for each Wiimote you buy you are better off buying a Nunchuk to go wth it.
Kinda like buying one pad.
Of course some games don't require a nunchuk but most games [Mario Strikers, Mortal Kombat] you'll need 2 Wiimotes and 2 Nunchuks to play a friend

Also you won't need an Extra sensor bar although I do suggest buying a charger and some rechargable batteries. Better than to keep on buying disposables

Going Onto The Internet
Also if you have a Wireless router, You can go online straight away
Just go to the Wii settings and click 'Internet'

Everything you will need to know is in the manual

Also. To get the internet browser it's a 1 off fee of 500 Wii Points.
The 1 off fee came into effect on 1st July so you got it bad

Just get a 'Wii Points Card' from your nearest store and buy the Internet channel to go on Google etc. Of course you don't need to buy this

You can also buy Vertual Games using those cards aswell
Most games are between 800-1000 points but with games such as Mario 1
Sonic 1,
Streets of Rage you can't go wrong

Hope that helps ya mate

Get some wiimote/nunchuck gloves. At wal-mart u can get sweet colored wiimote + nunchuck gloves(rubber things that go over them) that actually change color with heat. Cost $15 per package which includes the glove for the wiimote and nunchuck.

They look sexxy an they give you a much better grip. And they keep the whiteness with brightness.

You are better off buying WiiPlay and a seperate nunchuck.

WiiPlay is very much fun to play and has a free Wiimote with it.

Really depends on your needs as well as your budget - there's a battery charger that they sell now so you don't need gloves - the battery provided fits into the wiimote and allows you to grip the wiimote better than just the slick plastic it came in originally. I doubt you really need extra sensor bars and what not - basically just another wiimote and nunchucks for both.

Back