Newbie Questions

sora boyd

LoZ:TP Player
Aug 5, 2007
Before I start I just want to say thanks for everybody who ansered my questions. Also please don't flame me if the answers can be found in the manual, I got mine used. Sooo...
1. Is a memory card required to save data?
2. If you do have a memory card can you play games without the disk after you create a save data? If yes how?
3. Is a sensor bar stand needed, I lost mine :(
4. Is LoZ:TP as good as everyone says it is?
5. Can the Internet channle watch movies?
6. How can you move data from Wii to the memory card?

Thats all my questions.

1. Is a memory card required to save data?

Since I have purchased a Wii I haven't needed a memory card. However if you wish to pick one up they cost around $40.00

Here's a link that should help..

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=802583

2. If you do have a memory card can you play games without the disk after you create a save data? If yes how?

A disc must be in the Wii to play the game. A memory card is only used to save game data.

3. Is a sensor bar stand needed, I lost mine

Yes it is. You can pick up a wireless one at any electrical/video game store that carries Wii games and accessories. I suggest you phone around first though.

Wireless Sensor Bar: $19.99

4. Is LoZ:TP as good as everyone says it is?

Yes it is.

5. Can the Internet channle watch movies?

You can watch videos on ytmnd and some videos from www.tv-links.co.uk. However I don't believe you can watch full movies.

6. How can you move data from Wii to the memory card?

Can't help you there, sorry.

Anyways welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your stay here at WiiChat. :)

Last edited:
I thought the person was referring to the sensor bar... Never heard of a sensor bar stand..

I just wanted to say thank you all!! your all very kind people! :)

i need some help i want to create my own thread but i dont know how to do that can someone tell me how

To create a thread click on a section that interests you. Once you have done that click on the "New Thread" button which should be listed near the right hand side of that section. After that you should be able to create a new thread. However remember to use the "search" function or "check if already created" button before creating a thread to avoid spam. I also suggest on reading some of the forum guides.

Link: http://www.wiichat.com/site-feedback/33170-site-feedback-library.html

Syntax said:
I thought the person was referring to the sensor bar... Never heard of a sensor bar stand..
It's the clear piece that is hidden in the Wii box. It just allows more support for the sensor bar. Here's a picture:

sensorMountStand.gif

Nintendo said:
Communication between the Wii Remote and the Sensor Bar may be improved in some situations by mounting the Sensor Bar on the Sensor Bar stand. (For example: if the TV is sitting on the floor.)

Remove the protective film from the foam pads on the bottom of the Sensor Bar stand.
For additional stability, you can add adhesive-backed foam tape from the supplied sheet. These can be supplied to both the top and bottom of the stand.
If you are using the extra foam tape, remove the protective film from the piece on the top of the Sensor Bar stand.
Mount the Sensor Bar stand to:
the front edge of the surface the TV is sitting on, or
to the top of the TV.

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your time here.
Make sure to read the rules, and Pm me if you have any questions.

welcome to wiichat, enjoy ur self and kepp away from troouble

Back