Newbie with disc drive questions

beerman07

WiiChat Member
Oct 5, 2010
Fort Collins
Hello, my name is Dan I am new to this forum. My wii recently quit working displaying the disc error message. I replaced the laser and it still didn't work, so then while the top case was off, I put a disc in and all it did was make some clicking noises and the disc wouldn't spin. I then took the motor off to see if it could spin freely, which it has some resistance to it. But then I noticed two little coil springs laying on the bench, I have no idea where these came from. Can anyone tell me where these go? And could there be some other reason the drive isn't spinning besides the motor being bad? Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

I am not going to pay someone to do something that I am capable of doing. The only way to learn it is to get inside of it. Worst case scenario I just buy a new drive. But if I can pick someones brain and fix mine that is even better. I think I figured out where the springs go, I think they go underneath the drive motor. If anyone can confirm that it would be great!

Every few weeks, you will want to give it a little extra maintenance; generously sprinkle coarse salt over the surface of the board, and rub it with a sliced lemon. This will help remove stains and odors.

Back