Newbs/Noobs/Noobies

Mingus

Any Mingus Tea?
Aug 21, 2007
Dayton, Ohio
I've been seeing and observing one person calling another "noob". Typically the guy with the higher number of posts feels it's his duty to let the one newer to the site know his unfamiliarity with "the works". Sometimes I agree and think that they are a noob, but first let's figure out what these people are implying by the term noob.

Noob - Implies that a person made a foolish and ignorant action or a verbal gesture with little knowledge of a constant systematic process.

In certain cases this is true. Let's say your playing the game Battlefield 2 and several people are in a car and the driver drives off a cliff killing everyone. That deserves the term noob. Making a forum that someone doesn't appreciate deserves terms such as, idiot, twat, whore, cumrag, and ext. What ever you may find to your liking. A person cannot be a noob at discussing a topic with a group of people. Unless they live in a cave and just got roadrunner for the first time. Some people forget this but these new people to Wii chat have been having conversation there whole life. They are not new at it at all. So try to grow up a bit.

Maybe a thread for site feedback as its not wii related.

'Newb' is just slang for new person in my opinion and the other term 'noob' is just a foolish person who is immature.

We shouldnt call new members noobs, it is inappropriate and is flaming.

I agree with you. I completely hate using the word "n00b", so I avoid it at all costs. But yeah, there are too many people who address others using that word, which I think is rude and impolite.

I shall be the first to disagree with you than. Someone on this forum could be a noob, observe...

ZOMG ZOMG I PWNZORS @ SSBB LIKE WTF ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG LIkKE I'S TEH GREATEST YO /CHICKEN LAWL LAWL!!!!!!!11111

See?

Mingus said:
I've been seeing and observing one person calling another "noob". Typically the guy with the higher number of posts feels it's his duty to let the one newer to the site know his unfamiliarity with "the works".

Are you talking about me?

Ronald said:
NO YOU ONLY HAVE 15 POSTS NOOB!!!!
No I think he's talking about me being the person called a noob in the ridley thread in the brawl forum.

It might be me, he posted in that thread.

And are you trying to be funny by calling me a noob or are you serious?

wreked is referring to me and i never called him a noob.....and you were being pretty ignorant, i just made two completly valid points and you were hardcore close-minded about it and used the completly retarded interweb slang word "failed." which i hate, plus i was 90% asleep, i am sorry, usually i don't tend to act like that, but please don't make a thread open for discussion and than act so close-minded about it

mushroomedmario said:
wreked is referring to me and i never called him a noob.....and you were being pretty ignorant, i just made two completly valid points and you were hardcore close-minded about it and used the completly retarded interweb slang word "failed." which i hate, plus i was 90% asleep, i am sorry, usually i don't tend to act like that, but please don't make a thread open for discussion and than act so close-minded about it
I understand. I was pretty tired too, just woke up so I was kinda pissed too. I apologize for my flaming.

Nfanboy said:
Some people call me a noob for playing Nintendo and disliking Sony

No, it won't be that, if anything it will be the whole 'Nintendo fan boy' persona.

Gustav1939 said:
Newb to me means someone new.
Hence the New in Newb right?

But a noob is a lack of knowledge of understanding.

So call me a newb if you want. Just not a noob.

Mingus said:
In certain cases this is true. Let's say your playing the game Battlefield 2 and several people are in a car and the driver drives off a cliff killing everyone. That deserves the term noob.
lol i used to do that all the time! Whats even better is when you place time bombs on your own team plane, wait for someone to jump in and take off, then blow it up with a detonator. hahaha! I haven't done that in a while though, i don't have battlefield 2.

On topic i think that people who call someone else a noob does this because forums are thier lives. they work hard to bring up thier post count and then use thier "power" to make themselves feel better. it's okay to joke around but some people take things to seriously like one saying you suck at posting in forums (can you really take that as an insult?)

I haven't noticed too much put downs here, unlike gamefaq forums or anywhere else, which is great because i hate the geek lingo, like when people say phail. They wouldn't say that in the real world which shows how fake people can be on the internet.

something like this taken straight out of the context of a patrick star for brawl forum at gamefaqs
corpse_humper
Posted 9/4/2007 3:00:23 PM
message detail Fission Mailed
Your lives that i spit on are now but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid! -Fawful

^why do you say that?

It's not here in wiichat, it's nice.

Last edited:
Back