Newbs/Noobs/Noobies

I love this. I'm a proud newb. Speaking of which -

Does newb refer to your number of posts or the time you joined? Because, for example, mushroomedmario (just an example) has fifteen times more posts than me, but he is only one month older. I just don't post nearly as much. That doesn't reflect how often I am on here. I come here every day (I think). But some days I'll look through the threads and just decide that nothing I can post is that worthwhile.

I'm not worried about my post count, lol.

And for the people that be hating us newbs:

With so many WiiChat veterans leaving, to keep this place alive don't you NEED us to take up the positions? This site would die without newbs.

AndThen? said:
I come here every day (I think). But some days I'll look through the threads and just decide that nothing I can post is that worthwhile.

How very dare you! Read and not post a reply? Do you think people spend all that time so you can not comment? You get back out there and post a reply to every thread you read. Right now or there'll be no supper for you [/sillyness]

i agree with cpt. mccloud

because peaple call me a noob and it just makes me sad

Nov 2006= my join date. Ive been here 10 months but only 300 some odd posts, does that make me a noob? I see people that joined 2 months ago with 1000 posts.

User since 1/16/2006 6:44:28 PM
Last login 9/4/2007 7:34:28 PM
Real name Ron Jon
Age 16
Gender Male
Post Count 5608

i can only assume post counts carry all through the internet so to me you are all noobs :)

Mingus said:
I've been seeing and observing one person calling another "noob". Typically the guy with the higher number of posts feels it's his duty to let the one newer to the site know his unfamiliarity with "the works". Sometimes I agree and think that they are a noob, but first let's figure out what these people are implying by the term noob.

Noob - Implies that a person made a foolish and ignorant action or a verbal gesture with little knowledge of a constant systematic process.

In certain cases this is true. Let's say your playing the game Battlefield 2 and several people are in a car and the driver drives off a cliff killing everyone. That deserves the term noob. Making a forum that someone doesn't appreciate deserves terms such as, idiot, twat, whore, cumrag, and ext. What ever you may find to your liking. A person cannot be a noob at discussing a topic with a group of people. Unless they live in a cave and just got roadrunner for the first time. Some people forget this but these new people to Wii chat have been having conversation there whole life. They are not new at it at all. So try to grow up a bit.

All of this is great and all but you're a total noob.
You've been a member for a month.
This is pretty much the most hypocritical thread evar.

And you totally can be a noob.
I mean you made a thread about calling people a noob.
Perfect example.

captainff said:
How very dare you! Read and not post a reply? Do you think people spend all that time so you can not comment? You get back out there and post a reply to every thread you read. Right now or there'll be no supper for you [/sillyness]

If there were some threads that weren't f***ing stupid, I'd post more.
The bulk of my post count is grammar corrections and arguments.
Lol I have a forum personality and a real life personality.

why doesnt the forum admin remove ALL post counts.. so then you dont have this "my e-**** is bigger than your e-****" crap:yesnod:

i'm on another forum that has put the " no post count" in affect on their forum.. and there is alot..... ALOT less spam

and lot less spam can only be a good thing because people are not trying to catch up on posts.

I mean. "n00b" is like the term "gay." It has a meaning, sure it may not be the most PC way of saying what it means, but it's kinda dumb when people go using the term "gay" to describe anything that is displeasing to them.

"newbie, n00b, newb", should be used when someone makes a mistake because they are new to a system (online community, game, sport) and for some reason refused to do a lil reading and find out the rules, regulations, standards of that system.

Just because someone does something dumb doesn't mean they are a "newb"

Newb/Newbie: Is New (to a place, or new to something)
Noob/Noobie: Sucks (At a game)

blueradio said:
All of this is great and all but you're a total noob.
You've been a member for a month.
This is pretty much the most hypocritical thread evar.

And you totally can be a noob.
I mean you made a thread about calling people a noob.
Perfect example.

Wow, I wasn't even planning on replying to this thread nor looking back at it. Happened to come across it when looking through and thought I might see peoples reactions. Pretty typically, people responded well. Had good opinions, reasonable, logical. Then I glanced at this and couldn't help myself but wonder, were you raped as a child?

Mingus said:
Wow, I wasn't even planning on replying to this thread nor looking back at it. Happened to come across it when looking through and thought I might see peoples reactions. Pretty typically, people responded well. Had good opinions, reasonable, logical. Then I glanced at this and couldn't help myself but wonder, were you raped as a child?

Read the forum rules, dont troll/flame.

People may describe those who flame and spam as 'noobs'

Mingus said:
And your argument is that you arent a noob?

Back