Newbs/Noobs/Noobies

Lol you should of added "nub" its my favourite!...and wuts up with the pwned wuts rong with owned? wut makes a p so special..?..

LoVeWiI....please, please, PLEASE....spell words correctly.

327.jpg

you said:
Lol you should of added "nub" its my favourite!...and wuts up with the pwned wuts rong with owned? wut makes a p so special..?..
me said:
lol, you should have added "nub". It's my favourite!...Also, what is up with "pwned". What is wrong with "owned"? What makes a p so special?...

And to answer, it is a common typo, which has passed into infamy. The same situation happened to "the" and "like" (teh and liek respectively).

^lmao!

Not quite...

LoveWii: Its your lucky day. Your question intrigued me, so I looked into it. Apparently the only reason 'pwnd' came about is due to a typo. During a Warcraft battle(? Sorry, dont play warcraft) the winner meant to type 'You got ownd' but accidently hit 'p' instead of 'o' (they're right next to each other), thus THE BIRTH OF PWND!!

At first I thought pwn was a mispelling, but I've heard that "pwn" is "power own".

If I ever say pwn, newb, 1337, etc., it's only as a joke. For example, on my drink bottle I wrote "1 10V3 70 PWN N3W8135".

@ LIS...thanks for that, although I explained it 5 hours before you posted....

Does no one read through entire posts anymore?

Yes, you did, and I saw that. I just felt like going into further detail.

Sorry...?

Nah, I'm tired. Just been noticing a lot of people's posts get ignored a lot around here. If something is more than one paragraph long, the last half never gets noticed. It's sad really......all the people who care, left.

You just got singled out.

Back