Newbs/Noobs/Noobies

WiiDS said:
I don't think it's stupid because it's not about wii, I think it's stupid because it's stupid.
Exactly, and that's why it's not in any other section.

Brawny said:
Nah, I'm tired. Just been noticing a lot of people's posts get ignored a lot around here. If something is more than one paragraph long, the last half never gets noticed. It's sad really......all the people who care, left.

You just got singled out.

Exaaactly what happens to my posts.

People can't have an intellectual debate, it seems.

blueovalboy7 said:
Exactly, and that's why it's not in any other section.
You don't understand, but that's ok. I realize why it's in off topic. I just think it's a ridiculous thing to discuss at all, especially in respect to people's feelings getting hurt. It's a word (an imbecilic one at that) that shouldn't have any bearing over how one feels and if you let it affect you then that's kind of sad. I don't use this word or acknowledge when people say it in hopes that if enough people stop using it/recognizing it, it'll dissappear. That's just my take, which I wasn't planning on giving but there it is anyway.

WiiDS said:
You don't understand, but that's ok. I realize why it's in off topic. I just think it's a ridiculous thing to discuss at all, especially in respect to people's feelings getting hurt. It's a word (an imbecilic one at that) that shouldn't have any bearing over how one feels and if you let it affect you then that's kind of sad. I don't use this word or acknowledge when people say it in hopes that if enough people stop using it/recognizing it, it'll dissappear. That's just my take, which I wasn't planning on giving but there it is anyway.
I do understand, the term(s) is/are ridiculous I'm just saying that it is in OT because most of the people that troll here are non-new members. What I do not understand is why it hurts people's feelings, they're words that have no real impact in real life. Can you tell me you seriously hear those words used in everyday situations and you're not a video game tester or in a related field? I just don't see a reason for it to be an issue, oh wait except the average age of the members on this site is around 16, and their video games are all they have.

To be honest in this very thread is the first time I've ever been called a noob. Not like I've never deserved it but It's not me who was called a noob that began this thread but several others. I feel this is important to say though, people continue to say that it doesn't matter because the word is slang. Well, every word was once slang. People created language and people can change it. I believe that certain words deserve to be in the dictionary that aren't.

As for what owned and pwned stand for. Well I use the words differently. I'll use the word own when I pull off something awesome in a game. I'll use the word pwn when I kill someone in an epic way.

blueovalboy7 said:
I do understand, the term(s) is/are ridiculous I'm just saying that it is in OT because most of the people that troll here are non-new members. What I do not understand is why it hurts people's feelings, they're words that have no real impact in real life. Can you tell me you seriously hear those words used in everyday situations and you're not a video game tester or in a related field? I just don't see a reason for it to be an issue, oh wait except the average age of the members on this site is around 16, and their video games are all they have.

Ah, so we're actually in agreeance. You're right, it shouldn't be an issue which is why I initially dubbed this topic stupid.

Spammer. Seriously we joined at the same time and you have 600 more posts, what do you do, post on every thread over the entire site?

^lmao, chach is an excellent poster.

His post was far from spam, imho. I think that the 5 word minimum is not literal, but it refers to posts that dont pertain to the subject. Chach's post on the other hand displayed irony in a simple yet affective manner.

Hah I guess so, but we were just finishing a discussion, so there isn't really a need for it. (My apologies if I offended you chach, just making an observation) This thread should be locked IMO, because it's been discussed in detail, and now its getting to the point where the OP is saying
It's a **** topic
so can we just close it and move on? What do you say Mitch?

LevesqueIsKing said:
lmao, good luck getting any thread closed.
Good point, oh well. What shall we discuss now?

Burritos or tacos, which do you prefer?

(Just messing guys)

But in reality why does this hurt poeple's feelings?

Last edited:
Back