Next multiplayer game to buy - please help :)

Abacab12

WiiChat Member
Jan 9, 2008
I know this is pretty much a stupid question, but I want YOUR guys' opinions. I've read countless reviews and articles about Wii games (just got my Wii 4 days ago) and I am looking for a local (not online) multiplayer game for 2-4 players. I only have 2 remotes as well. I can get more, but they're all sold out here for the time being (MN).

I already have Wii Sports of course, and I am looking for a good multiplayer game my mid-30s-aged friends and I can enjoy. No real critera other than the above-mentioned stuff. I really want some good opinions from people on here who've played these games. Here's what I am looking at -

Wii Play
Carnival Games
Link's Crossbow Training

I've heard mixed reviews from all these games, and I guess I just want some more opinions. Sorry for another of these threads, but I trust you guys more than some random poster on other non-game-specific forums :)

EDIT: Sorry, just saw the stickied thread above. I will copy/paste this text into a post there. Feel free to lock this as needed.

Last edited:
WiiPlay is pretty silly. I played it the first couple of days when i first had it. & then forgot about it. But you do get an extra wiimote, basically you pay 10 dollars for the game.

Carnival Games was the same way. I play that occasionally. But not lately.

I don't have Link's Crossbow Training & haven't paid much attention to it so that on i can't help you with.

It really just depends on what games you like. I've had a lot of fun with Resident Evil - Umbrella Chronicles. That game is a two player, an on rail shooter. I've also had a lot of fun with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 & i don't even like golf. Up to 4 people can play that. Guitar Hero is pretty addicting. They aren't selling seperate guitars as of yet but you call play online with other people & at the end of the month you'll be able to purchase an extra guitar seperate.

Well you can't really go wrong with games like:

Mario Party 8
Rayman Raving Rabbids 1&2
I would suggest these three before carnival games.

Depending on what kind of games you are looking at you could also get:
Wario Smooth Moves
Madden '08
Big Brain Academy
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics

I'm sure that there are others too, but I'll let other people suggest some too.

It depends on what types of games you want to play?

Links cross bow is mainly a tutorial for how to use the zapper... good game but its nothing more then training and you will beat it in a few hours.. but for 20 bucks you get the game and gun... good deal i think

Wiiplay same way mini games you will finnish within a few hours but you get a free remote.. it does have a few games friends and i always go back to like Pool, Tanks, Table Tennis,Table Hockey, but these arnt top of the line they just give you a taste if what they are like... fun game but without someone next to you playing as well completely pointless... not a 1 player game at all...

Carnival games is probably the "biggest" game of the group with more to do but again you will quickly finnish it and without a partner its not the best

Carnival games ...1
Wiiplay................2
Links Crossbow ....3

If you dont have an extra wiimote yet then get wiiplay, if you do honestly i would look at some other games

Wario Ware smooth moves is an awsome single and multi player game for someone just getting into the wii and i highly recomend it... it shows you just about everything the Wiimote has to offer

Mario Party 8 is a board style game with tons of mini games and a blast to play with other people... although its the same as every other mario party game if your new to nintendo or recently comming back you will enjoy this title as well

in the style of Wiisports i would go with Game Party as well they have a good selection of mini games to keep a group of people intrested and get you use to the Wii mote controlls aswell as triva.. not an awsome game but good for Wii noobs...

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics from shooting to running, jumping, and swimming it offers alot of fun gamplay and alot of options for group play...

Big Brain Academy is a fast paced single/multi player triva/testing style game to gauge your own intelligence based on different area's of critical thinking...

These are just some of the Multi player Mini game style games that your reffering too, and they are all good for a group of people learning to play the Wii... i would recomend trying some other Geners as you go on...
the wii has alot more to offer than just Wiisports style games, and these games are really just to introduce you to the system.

Last edited:
RE:UC, and if you are planning to get the wii zapper then getting ghost squad will be a nice add too.

best multiplayer game

if you mean online multiplayer:
1- medal of honor 2 Heroes
2- guitar hero 3

Crossbow
RE:UC
BW2

These'll satisfy ya. Throw in Ghost Squad and Raving Rabbids for the extra funny.

I'm in you age bracket and these are my recommendations...

1) Guitar Hero 3 - can't play multiplayer unless you have two guitars, but considering your age and the music on this game, you'll still have a blast with just one guitar and a bunch of friends.

2) Big Brain Academy - quick to learn and lots of fun...

3) Smooth Moves - if you can get past the quirky stories that accompany these mini-games, it's a lot of fun for all ages.

mario party,smarty pants,carival games,dance dance,donkey knong barel blast,sonic riders,wii fit,super mario gal is 2 player ,

Back