next nintendo console

We get this from time time, asking what the new Nintendo system will be like.
You could argue and say a Wii 2, but I don't think that will happen.

For one, Nintendo isn't one to keep with the same name over and over. So a new name will be given.
Secondly, they may already ship out new Wii's, not with better graphics but with new colors and dvd capability, so technically you could say thats Wii 2.

All I know is, whatever does come out next, I will be surprised, I never thought we would have seen the Wii come out after the Gamecube.

^^agreed I thought they would end up making games for sony and microsoft after the gamecube disaster.

Although i wouldn't be surprised to see something as interactive as this within the next 20 years or so. I mean.... nintendo just took the pioneering steps into physical interaction with videogames... if the path continues and succeeds who knows what will be out in teh next couple of decades!!

I mean hell 20 years ago the NES was top dog and PC's were hardly even a thought in most ppls heads... NOW look at us. The technological leaps we are taking are getting faster faster and faster

Last edited:
I'd say the Wii is the biggest innovation they've had since the original NES, and they did go Super NES. I predict Nintendo will want to develop the Wiimote more, so it's not going to be a huge change such as Gamecube->Wii. I'd like to see a SuperWii, with improved sensitivity to precise movement and pointing. A Wiimote with an even better capability to adapt to add ons such as the Zapper and the Wheel, one that'll really get game developers thinking outside of buttons and sticks. I'd like for them to move to a rechargable (long lasting) battery and perhaps a dock right on the system for charging at least one controller while it's on. Better graphics are a no brainer, I'd also like to see the ability to transfer virtual games to a friend's Wii, perhaps password activated or automatically deleted upon shutting off. That'd be a good starting point for the next console, I think.

If the Wii is a huge success in the end, then I an insure you the next console will be:

Wii 2 or Super Wii or something related to Wii.

I would like to see NES 3.

Lol a little to early to be talking about Nintendo's next console. Its always cool to speculate what it might be like though.

You could argue and say a Wii 2, but I don't think that will happen.

I really doubt nintendo are going to "drop" motion sensing after the WII, (thats if your saying something different meaning different from the already WII) Nintendo has obviously hit the right path with the WII, the new console prolly wont be called WII 2 but it will be an expanded WII.

I still dont see nintendo adding DVD playback to any of their systems, they have said it a million times, they make gaming devices not media centers.

So, i think nintendo will overhaul the wiimote, more features, maybe full HD graphics, expand the WII connect 24 (including VC games etc).

there is no reason for them to make a "completly" new console, they only need to upgrade this one, oh and i hope the "WII 2" has backwards compatibility with WII games and GC ones. Maybe GC games will be hitting the VC for the "WII 2"

i agree
no to dvd playback
if you want to watch dvd, there are lots of cheap dvd player

why new console? wii is a big hit
nintendo need is just to upgrade the wii
me, all i want is full HD graphics

im just saying 'what if?' i love my wii i would never think of giving it up anytime soon. and i reckon they will make a completely different system to wii. just like gamecube went to wii. a virtual reality helmet would be awesome.

Next Gen Nintendo...

balrogs.pa said:
the next nintendo console will probably... be something else. -plays drum notes-

Even though I heard that the Wii will be Nintendo's last console (BS hopefully)
The next Nintendo system will probably be like a virtual reality helmet where you control the game with your mind, Via a chip placed in the back of your neck. It might sound like science-fiction but they do have the chip implants for people but I don't think they are that sophisticated yet...

http://www.greaterthings.com/News/Chip_Implants/index.html

Dayoh said:
I really doubt nintendo are going to "drop" motion sensing after the WII, (thats if your saying something different meaning different from the already WII) Nintendo has obviously hit the right path with the WII, the new console prolly wont be called WII 2 but it will be an expanded WII.

I still dont see nintendo adding DVD playback to any of their systems, they have said it a million times, they make gaming devices not media centers.

So, i think nintendo will overhaul the wiimote, more features, maybe full HD graphics, expand the WII connect 24 (including VC games etc).

there is no reason for them to make a "completly" new console, they only need to upgrade this one, oh and i hope the "WII 2" has backwards compatibility with WII games and GC ones. Maybe GC games will be hitting the VC for the "WII 2"

I never said they would drop the motion sensing.
What I was saying is they probably won't name it the Wii 2, even if they do upgrade it.

Personally, I don't see them upgrading graphics and etc. anytime soon, considering what they are doing now is fine and a lot of the games look really nice.

Hence why I said DVD and new colors. People have been asking for them for months now, and I didn't say I agree with that upgrade either, but its more logical than upgrading graphics like you suggested.

Oh and when Quoting me, leave my name in there so I don't have to figure out who your referring to.

ARav989 said:
too early to even be talking about a new console. what is it guys? sick of the wii already?:lol:

no sick of the shitty games they keep coming out... do they not no were not all lil kids

l7cx1Cl said:
no sick of the shitty games they keep coming out... do they not no were not all lil kids

They do know actually.
Considering the releases of Zelda and Metroid, along with Galaxy and great upcoming releases in Mario Kart and Brawl.

Back