Next

SALBAST

WiiChat Member
Mar 12, 2008
What's up? I've been playing NMH lately. It's the first Wii game purchase. I'm not too impressed. The gameplay and story are both great, but the visuals and audio is just atrocious for a next gen system. I know the Wii isn't about graphics, but come on! It's worse than a PS2. Although, all in all, I do enjoy the game.
Anyway, I know the wii can do better. Mario Galaxy and others look better. I don't know about sound, but it definitely looks better. My question is, for somebody that enjoys M-rated games (such as the GTA titles and God of War), would you suggest this sort of game or even Zelda:TP or Metroid Prime to a person like me? I was always a PS (which caters to adults more than Nintendo) owner, but I wanted to try something different since I do a majority of my gaming on my pc. Hence, my purchase of a wii.
I think I'm looking for insight from all the adult players, to get their input. I see Mario Galaxy as a child's game. I guess I visualize it as going to a G-rated movie. Am I wrong for doing that? Should I not do this comparison?
I already own RE4 on the PS2. I've played Super Smash Brothers for the Gamecube and really wasn't that impressed although I only played for maybe 10 minutes. So I don't know if I'll enjoy Brawl. I've never played any Metroid games and haven't played Zelda since the first one, which I only played sparsely.
I love implementation of the remote/sensor into a game. I like how it's used on NMH, Wii sports/play. I can't get enough of it. I don't know how much it's used in the other games, but I hope they develop more games to cater to this technology.
So the question is pretty obvious and I explained what my mentality is. So to all of those people who think or used to think like me... what's next?

yes u are wrong to pass up super mario galaxy. the reason? because even though difficulty is kinda low, the level desogn and audio will BLOW YOU AWAY. after u collect first 60 stars, the other 60 stars are no easy feat. metroid prime 3 is also a very mature shooter. its more about exploring (believe me u will want to explore because art design is faboullous) that "shoot everything in sight) the zelda games are always awesome so no comment there. if u like fps with online, wii has a decent forst one called medal of honor heroes 2. it has 32 players online, little or no lag and beyond excellent control scheme (ign said that this game had the best fps contrrol on any system) abd best of all, there are no friend codes. there are some good titlres also coming out like disaster: day of crisis and monster hunter 3.

I know most people here will disagree with me, but the majority of the games I've played have tacked on motion controls. IMO, the best game to use the motion controls is WiiSports. Which is sad, considering the game launched with the system (in most regions). NMH is one of the few games that somewhat mimics the actual motions of what you're doing on screen. Almost every other games I've played, has simple 'waggle' back and forth motions to do something on screen. I'm sure Cooking Mama and some of the other life simulation titles (just remembered Trauma Center) have better motion-to-screen implementation, but on a whole, I haven't really seen anything that I was expecting when I bought it.

That being said, IMO, if you don't enjoy first party Nintendo franchises - you pretty much listed them all - then I don't see you buying many Wii games in the future, as they're the best quality games - visually and content wise - on the Wii 90% of the time.

I suggest Tomb Raider Anniversary. An underrated game, in my opinion.

M-rated in that you can look at a hot chick the whole game, and shoot things. ;)

Back