nhl 08?

knoxbox

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2007
Strawberry Plains, TN
Wii Online Code
2067-6457-2250-9081
hey all, with my current rise in intrest of hockey... (have only missed 1 icebears home game this season.) i was curious to when or if a hockey game will ever be released for the wii... i think it would be spectacular... think of it this way.. playing with the wiimote and nunchuck, then all the sudden fight time change stance to wii sports boxing and go at it... optimal fun!

any info would be greatly appreciated.

A Wii NHL game would be great.
Sadly no 08 this time around, and there is no word on when or if one is coming.

I have my fingers crossed.

yes i was sad that this didnt come out. but i'd rather have it phenomenal than suck. i was thinking, you hold one button and flick the wiimote to shoot or back and forth to slap shot, and you pick corners with the left analog stick. this would be similar to 360s skill stick in a way, without over doing the "waggle" and crap. or i'd even go for playing iwth a classic controller as long as the skill stick was an included feature.

The last thing I heard was that nhl 09 may come out for wii. Your best bet is to get an xbox 360 and buy nhl 2008 because that game is great and EA's best effort in years. The only other choices I can give you is buy nhl 08 for the pc and start learning how to tweak or get NHL 2004 for the gamecube and play it on your wii. NHL 2004 was the last really good hockey game that came out. NHL 05, 06 and 07 for xbox ps2, pc and gamecube were all 100% crap.

jesse1596 said:
The last thing I heard was that nhl 09 may come out for wii. Your best bet is to get an xbox 360 and buy nhl 2008 because that game is great and EA's best effort in years. The only other choices I can give you is buy nhl 08 for the pc and start learning how to tweak or get NHL 2004 for the gamecube and play it on your wii. NHL 2004 was the last really good hockey game that came out. NHL 05, 06 and 07 for xbox ps2, pc and gamecube were all 100% crap.
:wtf: 06 and 07 where awsome...

lol, i think o4 was the last one i played on pc... and the fighting i think was non existant... but i could be wrong... the fighting in the wii version should be similar to wii sport boxing and i like the idea for stick skills with the wiimote and movement with the nunchuck, or classic controller isn't a half bad idea but would be more wii like to do the nunchuck wiimote combo, or maybe a hockey stick attachment lol.

wiiman14 said:
:wtf: 06 and 07 where awsome...

I guess its a matter opinion but in my opinion they were not. 06 was playable but way to easy plus the goalies flopped around way to much. the goaltending in nhl 07 was absolutely brutal and I'm surprised I made it through a season.

Hockey is not about fighting, EA should not focus on incorporating a boxing engine into a hockey game. EA should focus on bringing out hockey game for wii that's just as good in terms of ai intelligence to the gem that is nhl 08 for the 360 and also fits with the wii's control scheme. If you want to box over playing hockey then play wii sports boxing.

jesse1596 said:
I guess its a matter opinion but in my opinion they were not. 06 was playable but way to easy plus the goalies flopped around way to much. the goaltending in nhl 07 was absolutely brutal and I'm surprised I made it through a season.

Hockey is not about fighting, EA should not focus on incorporating a boxing engine into a hockey game. EA should focus on bringing out hockey game for wii that's just as good in terms of ai intelligence to the gem that is nhl 08 for the 360 and also fits with the wii's control scheme. If you want to box over playing hockey then play wii sports boxing.
Lol your write.

well in my experience this season there are 2 types of hockey fans those that come to a fight to see a hockey game and those that come to a hockey game to see a fight... now from game to game it differs as to what you get hockey game or fight... but either way both fans are on their feet screams like no other. fighting is just a part of hockey as scoring a goal. hell there are websites dedicated to a hockey players penalty box times for fighting...

i agree with you on the AI part of it, but why not have the best of both worlds... if they can fit a game like zelda on one disc surely they can fit hockey and a descent fighting engine on one disc. i'd be willing to sacrifice a create your own player option for a descent fighting engine. and u can always have a option in the options screen to disable fights if ur not into it. so please both types of fans.

oh and p.s. you got to have something to break the tension between two players that are playing, maybe im badass at mortal kombat and your kickass at sports games, well i can still have fun kicking your ass in the fights and vice versa for you in the game. just my .02c

Last edited:
Hockey is the only sport in the world that encourages fighting and I hate that but to be fair I would rather see to bruisers fight each other then some cheap hit from behind that leaves a good player out of commision for over a month.

well i just got home from the ice bears game, they were vs. the columbus cotton mouths and we beat them 4 to 3 in overtime... swider jumps in and straight to the goal for a score now thats what a captian does...

anyhow. tonight was student knight and there was 0 fights im almost starting to wonder if some of the fights are not agged on or put on before hand in the lockerroom. just seems that way some games you see alot of hard hits and no fights as a result, you see some foul play and no fights, then its biker night and you see 4 fights brake out leading into a team vs team fight... go figure.. either way its exciting.

Back