Ninja Gaiden

FCB10

Ahmet
Dec 25, 2010
The Hague, The Netherlands
Wii Online Code
6308-6845-0316-7739
Sooo today I watched AVGN. I was watching the Ninja Gaiden episode. And then...I totally got a flashback. Yes, I had Ninja Gaiden. Only the first one. It was my fifth game for the NES.

I remember that day...when I was like 9 years? I kept whining. Eventually when I cried a river of tears my mum gave up and bought the game. So I was like very happy to fill my collection of games. I came home and immediatly started playing. After two stages I felt a connection of joy and I wasn't planning to have a break. Yes man good time.. NO! NO! NO! NO! Now comes the part that killed me, frustrated me and let me cry....

I immediatly noticed that the knockback was very annoying, but I the first stages I didn't had so much trouble with it. But a stage or two later... I turned so mad... I was planning to bite myself. This game made me cry, it made me suffer and it made me say words that are inappropiate. I decided to give up...

But honestly I think that frustration must be felt with games. It gives you a challenge. And you want to beat that challenge. It puts you in the game very deeply. My concentration was so big that I ignored every sound in my environment. It's kinda funny. Remembering that I locked myself up and spending my whole weekend on that game.

So yeah. That's Ninja Gaiden. A game that I still haven't beat.

What are the games that made you guys mad? Swear? Cry? Or even attempt suicide :p? Did you guys beat those games? Are they memorable moments that you want to share with me :)?

Along the Ninja thing

Red Ninja on Xbox
A game that drove me insane.
I am a fan of proper ninja games (Tenchu, Shinobido) and was looking forward to this one as it had some nice ideas.

Then I played it
Nice ideas are great, but when there badly executed they fail.
The temple stage was my breaking point and it was the controllers breaking point.

Took the game back on the Monday (Got it Friday) and swapped it for a new controller by saying the game "Was broken"

ninja gaiden is an unfair challenge for sure. i think the first game i ever swore at was jupiter lander for vic20 granted i didn't know a lot of swears back then.... avgn kicks ass.

Back