Nintendo 3DS region lock

lucktown

WiiChat Member
Apr 4, 2013
Munich, Germany
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
I bought my 3DS in Canada, because I didn't know that there is a region lock, but now I'm back in Germany, so I won't be able to paly the games I buy here. I searched a little bit, but I didn't find a way to buy new games other than shipping them from North America and I'm not sure if I can get them from the e-store regardless of not being in Canada. If anybody knows if this works or not can you tell me that, or other ways of getting the games to work?

There's no way 'round the 3DS' region lock without modding, far as I know. There're unofficial devices/discs that have broken region locks of systems in the past (used sort'a like a Gameshark or somethin'), but I ain't got a clue if the 3DS has one yet; and that's assumin' a quick update straight from Ninty wouldn't make said device useless.

I was thinking about using Visa to get the $50 on my e-shop account, which should work since Visa is international and I used a German Visa card while I was in Canada, but I'm worried about taxes and stuff. My friend recently mentioned that something like a card, with which you can play roms on the 3ds, was released, but I want to stay out of that if possible :/

I'm 99.9% sure there's not a single cheating nor piracy-enabling device compatible with the 3DS, there're only ones that can be used on the 3DS but only play/pirate DS games. Relatively confident there'l never be one either, since updates will just make it useless.

Back