Nintendo are sick-minded, in the UK at least

breakpoint

breakpointuk.com
Oct 3, 2006
Nintendo know that people in the UK are going mad trying to get Wii's for themselves (or as xmas presents), now if i was one of these people (i got a wii, so i'm not) i would be really annoyed watching all of the Wii adverts on TV at the moment...

...there is no point in advertising something that people can't just go out and buy!

Come on Nintendo, instead of spending all that money on advertising, use it to open another factory!!!!

Thats a good point that I've never actually thought of before. Unless of course they are enjoying all the hype surrounding the fact that, "The Wii launched over a year ago and you still can't find one in stores". Maybe people will think it is more prestigious to have a Wii when they are so hard to find.

meh.

It's to keep the people who initially knocked the system jealous of the fun we're all having.

(and I imagine that the Xmas ad campaigns are prepared and pre-paid months in advance)

You have to remember that Nintendo is a company. Companies need to make alot of money. opening a factory and getting more wiis made wont get them as much money as getting even more people hyped up for it, and hyping up the already hyped ones.

But good point.

the adverts are for the software.......... Software sales generate more revenue than hardware.

Write like a four year old and I'll treat you as such – Haz, proudly supporting correct use of English and grammar on the forums.
Think before posting – Ask a dumb question and prepare to be owned.
FYI - Internet is always a capital I. Look it up!

Gasp! Haz, you didn't capitalize the! Shame on you!:lol: :lol: :lol:

breakpoint said:
Nintendo know that people in the UK are going mad trying to get Wii's for themselves (or as xmas presents), now if i was one of these people (i got a wii, so i'm not) i would be really annoyed watching all of the Wii adverts on TV at the moment...

...there is no point in advertising something that people can't just go out and buy!

Come on Nintendo, instead of spending all that money on advertising, use it to open another factory!!!!

All well and fair but where is the explanation for being sick minded?

Advertising is vital for any product or brand and Nintendo is doing a great job with the advertising keeping peoples interest in the product and keeping a high numbers of consumers flowing.

without owners of hardware, software would not get sold

sick-minded because know that people are going mad trying to buy the console yet they advertise the software to people who want it, but can't play it..... Nintendo know this!

as for hype, well, there was a huge amount of hype before release, and for many months after it... they don't need anymore hype!

breakpoint said:
without owners of hardware, software would not get sold

sick-minded because know that people are going mad trying to buy the console yet they advertise the software to people who want it, but can't play it..... Nintendo know this!

as for hype, well, there was a huge amount of hype before release, and for many months after it... they don't need anymore hype!

So, they should cancel all advertising and just produce?

That's not how the market goes, they need to keep the product in high demand and popularity.

breakpoint said:

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/43066-why-wii-shortage-legit.html
^^ ^^
Here is a good explanation as to why Nintendo can't keep up.

You know I just managed to buy a Wii online no problem. It arrived yesterday and I have been playing non-stop. I found it easy to buy one most of the people who complain about not being able to get a Wii are parents who think they have a divine right to a Wii because they have children. The Wii is for everyone not jut kids.

without produce you don't have anything, advertise that

i know quite a few people that opted for xbox360, a little more maybe but great gfx in HD vs. a machine they can't buy(play)

remember most families only have one console as a family "toy", where as us leet (1337) gamers have multi platform affairs

loads of newspapers in the uk have printed "Most sort after toy for xmas 07", parents won't wait for after xmas to buy little johnny a games console

---
RANT Mk.II

the shops (online too) are really bad for only selling packages starting @ £279.99 (toy-r-us)

forcing the present buying public to buy stuff they didnt know about!!! (or budget for)

deep... deep

well they cant go in the ad.

ANNOUNCER:WII BUY IT NOW!!!!
*ps wii is out of stock everywhere*

breakpoint said:
I effing love it! You make it sound like Ninty only has one factory where they make wii's xD

aha, you made my day, man.

Back