Nintendo Europe

That's right. The news a few days ago said the new site will be up and running on the 26th (i.e in a few hours.) Im hoping desperately that they will now finally have wii points in the stars catalogue (or the new alternative), but then ive been hoping for that update for several months, with no luck.

Well, yeah. I pressume it's going to be shut down for a little while.

Hopefully, they'll implement that whole "stars for Wiipoints" thing...

According to Nintendo-Europe it is now the 26th. (they take an average of Europe i think, so the date changes when it is 11pm in UK- at least i always used to get the extra 5 stars around 5ish whenever i went on late at night. ) No update as yet- so probably wont be here until sunrise-time.

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
yeah stars for wiipoints would be awesome

If that happens ill eat my wii !

There are a LOT of people with LOADS of stars out there .
If ninty allowed this feature then I would expect it to be extemely limited as they would miss out on a whole lot of dough otherwise .
I really hope it does ,
Cant see it myself though

I thought they had confirmed they will be? I'm not sure..

Last game I bought, which was Endless Ocean I think had the points card on it but it was for the American one =/ Straaange

surfinrach90 said:
I thought they had confirmed they will be? I'm not sure..

Last game I bought, which was Endless Ocean I think had the points card on it but it was for the American one =/ Straaange

That is perculiar .

A while back , somehow wii points for stars appeard in the catalogue , but those who tried to redeem them failed as nintendo said that the appearance of this feature was a mistake (god knows how) , but eventually those that complained did recieve wii points .
I know it sounds like Bull but thats what I read somewhere and it seemed to be genuine .

el-zilcho said:
If that happens ill eat my wii !

There are a LOT of people with LOADS of stars out there .
If ninty allowed this feature then I would expect it to be extemely limited as they would miss out on a whole lot of dough otherwise .
I really hope it does ,
Cant see it myself though

It is happening and it will bring in extra revenue for nintendo.

Currently Stars can only be traded in for 'virtual products' or the occasional game - which is always sold out! The cost incurred here for Nintendo is maintaining up to date virtual downloads and also making and sending out an actual game.

When Nintendo start the stars for wii Points, it is highly likely that the stars cat. will be reduced significantly. Nintendo will focus on stars for wii points as this will encourage an increased use of the virtual console.

Before you all go, but what about the extra money?

Well stars are only availale from registering Nintendo games (e.g. mario/zelda/metroid not fifa etc) - so in theory you have to pay £39.99 to get your stars and how much are those stars worth in wii points?.. well we don't know yet, but i can't imagine it's very much.

hence you need to buy more nintendo games to be able to get your 'free' VC game.

makes sense? well maybe a little.

yes nintendo have definately confirmed that it will be happening. also a small amount of 1000 wii point things were accidentally sold for 789 stars a while back- correct.

chessaholic said:
yes nintendo have definately confirmed that it will be happening. also a small amount of 1000 wii point things were accidentally sold for 789 stars a while back- correct.

Oh cool , so it looks like tommorrow then that I can finally use up my stars .

Who knows. Nintendo have been saying that wii points will appear in the stars catalogue 'soon' for the past 6 months. However, this does seem like the most likely time for such an update to come.

If this doesn't come, then im hoping for at least some good news such as new release dates for games such as Battalion Wars 2, Wii Fit etc.

Also, the update should come TODAY not tomorrow i.e- in the next 6 hours and 15 mins.

Back