Nintendo Is Advertising To Much

Attacktix

WiiChat Member
Jul 2, 2007
nintendo is advertising a little to much in this game. If you didnt know they are going to make a new "kid iccarus" game for the wii. PIT IS OLD!!! the last game he has been in was about 12 years ago! Why bring back a cruddy old character? None was probably looking on ssbb website everyday saying "OMG i realllllllllllly want my 1989 game star "pit" to be in the game!"
Did you guys notice this too? Pit would never be in this game, unless they where going to make a new pit game!

Pit would never be in this game, unless they where going to make a new pit game!

Ness was in the original SSB, so far I haven't seen a new Earthbound game. I also doubt Ice Climbers has a new sequel coming out.

And Kid Icarus is not "cruddy" as you put it. Also you're bad at math, the game was released in 1987, which makes it 20 years old. But in addition to that, Kid Icarus was in the Captain N: Game Master series, along with his nemesis the Eggplant Wizard. (He wasn't named "Pit" in the show or comics.)

I do hope they make a new icarus game, but I don't think his inclusion is advertisement, I think it's a reward for all of us old school nintendo fans.

They are definitely not advertising this game too much. Nintendo is competing with Halo 3, so SSB (one of the Wii's Biggest titles) will have to get as much exposure and appeal to all gamers, new and old, to get as much sales as possible

COLDshiver said:
They are definitely not advertising this game too much. Nintendo is competing with Halo 3, so SSB (one of the Wii's Biggest titles) will have to get as much exposure and appeal to all gamers, new and old, to get as much sales as possible
I agree. One of the most anticipated games from Nintendo, SSBB, needs to cover a larger gaming audience, so both new and older game characters must make an appearance to keep everyone happy.

Attacktix said:
nintendo is advertising a little to much in this game. If you didnt know they are going to make a new "kid iccarus" game for the wii. PIT IS OLD!!! the last game he has been in was about 12 years ago! Why bring back a cruddy old character? None was probably looking on ssbb website everyday saying "OMG i realllllllllllly want my 1989 game star "pit" to be in the game!"
Did you guys notice this too? Pit would never be in this game, unless they where going to make a new pit game!

First of all, to me, Pit (Kid Icarus) is not a 'cruddy' character at all. He's a classic character. You say he is 12 years old, OK, let's think, so is Mario and Nintendo is still making games for his series. Now let's look at Metroid...first on the NES, and they're still making games for her series too.

The second point I'd like to make is that you're sending totally mixed messages. Look at the quote above. He's hating Pit, now look at his signature:

Attacktix said:
PIT OWNS YOU ALL

Pit is an incredibly unique character who I am looking forward to seeing in Brawl. He fits better than most characters, if you actually think about it.

They probably are going to make a kid icarus game, the whole thing, having multiple characters in the game, playable, pokemon, or assist trophys, set up a perfect marketing opportunity. Think if Roy or Marth wasn't in Melee, we prob wouldn't have or know about fire emblem. Nintendo has played thier hand very well.

since oldtimers are getting popular in the ssb series i would imagine other old characters.

wrong wrong wrong wrong

Just expressing my opinions but i disagree in almost everyway.
i mean, the main reason they are not over advertising is because they are only advertising on the site nowhere else,

if they were advertising on magazines constantly and on the tv then i would agree but they are not, (or at least in uk they are not)

Edit: who gave me negative feedback for this comment im just expressing my opinions and that is just sad i mean i worked hard for my rep and you take it away like that thats just unfair

Last edited:
wait, enlighten me please, ive been living under a rock for the past 2 years.
last time i checked nintendo was advertising everything but its 'hardcore' games, when the game comes out, sure they have a commercial for it but thats basically it! nintendo is focused on its Wii ____ brand. even at tgs or leizpeg or something, the journalist talked about how the games like mario and what not were in the back and werent being displayed, where as wii fit and what not was.

I dont understand.. Your bashing on Pit because hes an old timer in the nintendo series? or are you bashing on how nintendo is promoting too much? Personally I havnt seen THAT much of anything when it comes to the wii. I like watching tv and I havnt seen that much promotion to the Wii as it is. I dont understand..

Sovieto said:
wait, enlighten me please, ive been living under a rock for the past 2 years.
last time i checked nintendo was advertising everything but its 'hardcore' games, when the game comes out, sure they have a commercial for it but thats basically it! nintendo is focused on its Wii ____ brand. even at tgs or leizpeg or something, the journalist talked about how the games like mario and what not were in the back and werent being displayed, where as wii fit and what not was.
Apparently you have been living under a rock, because otherwise you would surely know that Nintendo is attempting to reach out to new markets. We might not support it -especially if it means spending less time on hardcore games- but it is reality.

And btw, Nintendo did an extremely good job of advertising MP3, so I dont know what your going on about.

Back